Introduction - Corporate Bio
Lisa is Co-Chair of Fredrikson & Byron’s Private Equity Practice Group and is a member of the firm’s Corporate, Business and Tax, Health Care and Mergers & Acquisitions Groups. Lisa is also Co-Chair of Counsel for Women, our initiative focused on women in business.
Lisa is a shareholder with more than 20 years of combined business and legal experience. She represents mid-market clients in business transactions, including buying and selling businesses, raising money privately, refinancing, recapitalizing, and forming joint ventures and strategic alliances. Her practice focuses on the legal needs of private equity funds and their portfolio companies, from formation to exit.
Lisa has a strong business background and acts as general counsel to her clients, advising them on a wide range of issues that arise in their day-to-day operations, such as sales of products, shareholder buy-outs, and employment disputes. Prior to practicing law, her professional background was in corporate finance, where she worked in the financial planning and cash management areas of Fortune 500 companies.
As a business lawyer, Lisa takes what she knows about her clients’ business goals and balances that with what she has been trained to do as an attorney. Her philosophy of doing deals is to make sure that anything that can go smoothly, does go smoothly.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- University of Minnesota, M.B.A. Finance
- Georgetown University, B.S. Foreign Service, cum laude
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Health Law
- Aging & Disability Providers
- Agribusiness & Cooperatives
- Tax Planning & Business Organization
- Emerging Business
- Life Sciences
- Investment Management
- Commercial Law
- Spectrum Plastics Group in its acquisitions of Dynacept, Peerless Injection Molding, Protogenic and Spectrum Plastics Molding Resources
- Spell Capital Partners in its sale of Copperfield to Coleman Cable
- PW Eagle in its acquisition of Uponor ETI
- Spell Capital Partners in its acquisitions of Alkota Cleaning, Crysteel Manufacturing, Copperfield, Midwest Plastic Components, Paulson Oil and Laser Applications Inc.
- Spell Capital Partners in its sale of Crysteel Manufacturing to Kirtland Capital
- USPoly in its acquisitions of WL Plastics and Uponor Aldyl
- PW Eagle in its refinancing with Fleet Capital/Bank of America
- Copperfield in its acquisitions of International Wire Group and Essex Electric
- Spell Capital Partners in its formation of Spell Capital Partners Fund I and Fund II
- Panelist, “Trends in Market Studies and Financing for Senior Housing,” Care Providers of Minnesota 2010 Assisted Living and Senior Housing Summit, August 25, 2010
- “Government Attention on Private Equity Could Mean Changes for the Industry,” co-authored with Timothy Nelson and Leigh-Erin Irons, FredALERT: Private Equity, April 2, 2009
- Speaker, The Collaborative Growth Series - Private Equity, February 3, 2009
- Speaker, Current Trends in Financing, Fredrikson & Byron Private Equity Conference, May 22, 2008
- MSBA Business Law Section 302A Committee
- MSBA Business Law Section Partnership/LLC Committee
- MSBA former Legislative Coordinator, Business Law Section
- American Bar Association
- ACG Program Committee
Honors & Distinctions
- Recipient of 2012 Women’s Business Development Center-Minnesota Advocacy Award
- Womens Business Development Center (WBDC/WEBNC), Advisory Committee
- Girls in Action, Board Member