Christopher Melsha is a shareholder practicing in our Corporate and Securities Groups. His practice focuses primarily in the areas of securities, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters, with a particular focus representing clients in the biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry. Christopher’s experience includes representing issuers, both emerging and seasoned companies, in private placements and public offerings of debt and equity securities, including venture capital and PIPE (private investment in public equity) financings. He also represents public and private companies in mergers and other acquisition transactions, including reverse mergers, and regularly assists public company clients in connection with Securities Exchange Act compliance, including compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Prior to joining Fredrikson, Christopher was a partner at another Minneapolis law firm.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 1996, summa cum laude (Co-Valedictorian)
- St. John’s University, B.A., Government, 1993, cum laude
- Minnesota, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 1997
- Life Sciences
- Emerging Business
- Executive Compensation & Benefits
- Public Companies
- “SEC Approves New Rules Regarding Listing Standards for Reverse Merger Companies,” FredNEWS: Corporate & Securities, December 2011
- “SEC Approves New Exchange for Small Cap Issuers,” FredNEWS: Corporate & Securities, September 2011
Honors & Distinctions
- Named a Rising Star by Minnesota Journal of Law & Politics in 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2008