Alexander is a shareholder of Fredrikson & Byron practicing in the Securities and Corporate Groups, and he co-chairs the Media and Entertainment Group. He represents private and public companies, private equity funds and management in mergers and acquisitions, private and public companies and investors in venture capital financing transactions, private and public stock offerings, debt financings and general corporate matters, and public companies in proxy solicitations and compliance with Securities and Exchange Commission and stock exchange regulations. Alexander also works with boards of directors and board committees in connection with corporate governance and fiduciary duty issues. He has worked with companies in several industries, including life sciences, technology, manufacturing, agriculture and financial institutions.
Alexander also has substantial experience with a variety of entertainment law matters, including representation of writers, actors, directors and producers in connection with film, television and theatre projects.
Prior to joining Fredrikson & Byron, Alexander practiced corporate and entertainment law in New York City.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1998
- Columbia University, B.A., 1994, cum laude
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- New York
- Media & Entertainment, Co-Chair
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Life Sciences
- Executive Compensation & Benefits
- Public Companies
Represented Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. in its follow-on offering.
- Represented Techne Corporation in its acquisitions of Tocris Holdings Limited and the assets of Boston Biochem, Inc.
- Represented Kips Bay Medical, Inc. in its initial public offering
- U.S. counsel to Golden Goose Resources, Inc. in its merger with Kodiak Exploration Limited
- Minnesota counsel to Tyco Electronics Ltd. in its acquisition of ADC Telecommunications, Inc.
- Represented AGA Medical Holdings, Inc. in its sale to St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- Represented Iowa Telecommunications Services, Inc. in its sale to Windstream Corporation
- Represented Zareba Systems, Inc. in its sale to Woodstream Corporation
- Represented Health Fitness Corporation in its sale to Trustmark Mutual Holding Company
- Represented Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. in its merger with Replidyne, Inc.
- Represented Titan Machinery Inc. in its initial public offering and follow-on offering
- Represented Featherlite, Inc. in its sale to Universal Trailer Holdings Corp.
- Presenter, “Public Financing in Today’s Environment,” The 2012 Business Law Institute, May 10, 2012
- “SEC Adopts Net Worth Standard for Accredited Investors Required by the Dodd-Frank Act,” FredNEWS: Corporate & Securities, March 2012
- “SEC Issues Guidance on Cybersecurity Disclosures,” FredNEWS: Corporate & Securities, December 2011
- Presenter, “Going Public: IPOs, Reverse Mergers and Other Trends,” The Collaborative’s 22nd Annual Minnesota Venture & Finance Conference, October 14, 2010
- Presenter, “Medical Device Company Financing in a Difficult Market,” April 23, 2009
- “SEC Announces One Year Extension of Auditor Attestation Requirements in Sarbanes-Oxley Act for Small Companies,” August 2008