Cameron Seybolt is a shareholder in the firm’s Trusts and Estates group. Cameron assists high net worth individuals and privately held companies with a wide variety of estate planning matters, including wills and trusts, prenuptial agreements, tax planning, buy-sell agreements, family partnerships, family business succession, charitable giving, asset protection planning, and probate and trust administration. Cameron also works together with the trial lawyers of the firm’s Trusts & Estates Litigation, Family Law and Tax Disputes & Litigation groups on disputed matters involving trusts, estates, prenuptial agreements, family businesses and tax audits. In 2010, Cameron was elected to the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 1998, cum laude
- University of Minnesota-Duluth, B.A., 1995, magna cum laude
- Marquette University Study Center in Madrid, Spain, 1993
- Minnesota, 1998
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 1998
- Cameron is a frequent lecturer at continuing legal education seminars.
- He is also a member of the drafting committee for Drafting Wills and Trust Agreements, the estate planning form book published by Minnesota Continuing Legal Education.
- “Minnesota Enacts Significant Changes to Minnesota Estate and Gift Tax Laws,” co-authored with Mark Greiner and Karen Sandler Steinert, FredALERT: Trusts & Estates, May 24, 2013
- “Succession Planning,” co-authored with Todd D. Andrews, Representing the Ongoing Business, Chapter 11, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education (First Ed. 2012)
- “President Obama Signs Law Impacting Estate Plans,” co-authored with David B. Gollin, FredALERT: Trusts & Estates, January 2011
- “Protective Claims: Preserving Tax Refunds Arising from Pending Litigation,” co-authored with Robert J. Stuart, BNA Tax Management Memorandum Vol. 49, No. 13, June 23, 2008
- Member, Minnesota Board of Continuing Legal Education
- Contributing Editor, Bench & Bar of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Probate and Trust Law Section (member, Section Conference Planning Committee and Legislative Committee)
Honors & Distinctions
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
- Named a Minnesota Rising Star by Minnesota Super Lawyers magazine and Minnesota Law & Politics magazine