Corporate/Debt Finance Associate – Position available for a commercial lending/debt finance associate with 1-3 years’ experience in private practice representing borrowers and lenders in sophisticated commercial loan transactions to work with our fast-growing private equity practice group. The ideal candidate has experience in a variety of commercial loan transactions, including: acquisition financings (including private-equity-backed companies), senior loans, mezzanine loans and/or asset-based lending. Some experience with commercial real estate loans is also preferred. A background in accounting and/or finance is a plus. Candidates must have excellent academics and firm or in-house credentials, as well as excellent interpersonal, analytical and writing skills. We will consider candidates with a general corporate or M&A background who are interested in specializing in commercial lending/debt finance work.
Real Estate Associate – Position available for an Associate Attorney with 4-6 years of wide-ranging transactional real estate experience to join our Real Estate Department. The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience with core real estate transactional tasks, such as negotiating and drafting commercial leases for both landlord and tenants; negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements and related ancillary documents for both sellers and buyers in commercial real estate transactions; managing due diligence for sale and purchase and financing transactions; and managing the closing of real estate sale and purchase and financing transactions. Additionally, preference will be provided to qualified candidates who have substantive experience with common interest communities and with negotiating and drafting commercial construction contracts.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, analytical, and writing skills, along with strong academic and professional credentials. No portable book of business is required, but we are looking for candidates with an established track record of performing as part of client teams and contributing to successful client relationships.
Intellectual Property Litigation Associate – An immediate opening is available in our Intellectual Property Litigation department for an associate with 1-2 years of litigation experience. The ideal candidate will have IP-specific litigation experience. A technical background is helpful but not required. We seek highly motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal, analytical, and writing skills, along with strong academic and professional credentials.
Conflicts Attorney – The Conflicts Attorney is responsible for daily review and analysis of conflicts and other issues related to firm acceptance of new clients, new matters and lateral attorneys. The Conflicts Attorney will supervise other conflicts and intake staff and interface with the firm’s intake officers regarding approval of new matter and lateral attorney hiring requests. The Conflicts Attorney will handle additional assignments from the firm’s General Counsel, the Practice Quality Committee, and firm administration, as needed.
- Analyzes and resolves conflict of interest and other issues related to the firm’s clearance of new clients, new matters, and lateral attorneys.
- Analyzes information provided with new matter requests for compliance with firm policies and applicable rules of professional responsibility.
- Supervises conflict analysts responsible for producing reports from conflicts database.
- Communicates with firm attorneys about conflicts issues and waivers.
- Reviews and edits draft engagement letters for compliance with same.
- Reviews client outside counsel guidelines and assists with assessment of firm’s ability to comply.
- Conducts orientation of staff and attorneys regarding new matter approval process.
- Assist in developing and documenting procedures related to intake and conflicts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
The position requires a Law degree and State Bar Association membership. A minimum of three (3) years of practice experience as a lawyer in a mid-size to large law firm and/or the equivalent experience in the area of conflict of interest law and professional responsibility is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of conflict-of-interest principles under professional responsibility rules.
- Basic knowledge of an automated financial management system such as Elite and an electronic conflict system such as Intapp Open.
- MS Word, Excel, and internet research related to corporate family relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with staff and attorneys, in order to resolve difficult conflict issues
- Lead a team of conflicts analysts to ensure accuracy and efficiency of resolution process.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking, and pay strong attention to detail, to draw valid conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
Health Law Associate – Position available for an associate in its health law department. The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience in health care regulatory compliance, administrative litigation support, and corporate fundamentals. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal, analytical, project management and writing skills, along with strong academic and professional credentials.
Health Care Transactional Attorney – Position available for a health care transactional attorney with 2+ years’ experience in health care mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate transactions. Must also have a strong background in health care laws and regulations. Experience with health care private equity transactions helpful but not required. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal, analytical, and writing skills, along with strong academic and professional credentials.
Corporate Attorney – Position available for an individual with 2-10 years of experience in mergers and acquisitions and private equity to join our Mergers & Acquisitions group and our national private equity practice. Excellent interpersonal, analytical and writing skills along with strong academic/professional credentials are essential.
Transactional Attorney – Position available for an attorney with at least 2-3 years of transactional experience to join our busy Mankato, MN office, to aid in corporate, commercial, M&A, real estate and finance transactions.
Employment Advice Associate – Position available for an employment advice associate in our Employment & Labor group. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of employment law experience, including agency responses, employment litigation, and providing direct employment advice to clients. Excellent interpersonal skills and strong academic and professional credentials are essential.
Employment Law Attorney – Position available for an employment law attorney. The ideal candidate will have 10-15+ years of complex employment advice experience, including general advice, agency audits, drafting employment-related agreements (hiring, separation), and due diligence.
Labor Law Attorney – Position available for a labor law attorney with 10-15+ years of significant labor law experience including representing employers in union organizing, collective bargaining negotiations, unfair labor practice charge proceedings and direct National Labor Relations Board experience. Successful candidate can work out of our Des Moines, IA, Fargo, ND, or Minneapolis, MN location.
Fredrikson is the firm “where law and business meet”®, which means that we deliver outstanding value by understanding clients’ needs and delivering legal advice to help meet their business objectives. In return for your expertise, we offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and an environment that is friendly, open and flexible, and a platform for your success. We are committed to assisting our associates to develop their legal, consulting and managerial skills. We have monthly and other periodic training sessions which include new associate training, negotiation skills, legal writing, effective presentations, practice-group-specific training programs, client service, business development, marketing and supervising.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.