Personal Information We Collect From You
The types of personal information we may collect through the employment application and recruitment process can include the following categories:
- Identity information — first name, last name, job applicant portal username and password, social security number, drivers’ license or other state identification number, and other similar identifying information.
- Contact information — physical address(es), email address(es), telephone number(s), and emergency contact.
- Demographic and background information — age, gender, race, and where applicable and in accordance with applicable law, your ethnicity, disability or military status criminal history,.
- Educational information — schools attended, degrees or certifications earned, grades or class results, disciplinary records, or other education records and information.
- Prior employment information — current and former employer names, job title(s), and position(s) held.
- Application information — information about your application, including what position you applied for, when you applied, and the method used to apply.
We collect this information directly from job applicants when they:
- Provide it through their job application and resumé, communications, and the interview process.
- Complete surveys and forms related to the hiring or employment and engagement experience.
We also collect this information from third parties such as your references and the entity that hosts our job applicant portal.
How We Use This Information
We use the personal information that we collect from job applicants for the following business purposes.
- To consider job applicants and contractors for current and potential future employment or engagement opportunities.
- To evaluate job applicants’ employment application and corroborate the information contained in the application and any supporting documents.
- To schedule job applicants for interviews and communicate with them about their applications, proposals, and employment/engagement opportunities.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process.
- To keep a record of our interactions and communications with job applicants.
- As otherwise necessary or useful for us in conducting our business, provided the use is permitted by law.
- For the protection of our operations, or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our employees or other parties.
- For any other purposes with the consent of our job applicants.
If you accept position and are employed by us, the information obtained through the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record and used for employment-related purposes subject to applicable law.
We may share some of the personal information with third-party vendors as necessary for us to consider a particular job applicant for employment. Such vendors could include the entity that hosts our job applicant portal.
Please direct your questions regarding this privacy notice to CAPrivacy@fredlaw.com or call us at 1-800-236-6199.