Positions Available as of 9/19/2019
Immigration Paralegal – Position available for a paralegal to work on immigration cases. This position will involve preparation of immigration applications for companies seeking temporary and permanent foreign workers as well as for various professionals, investors, and artists seeking immigration status in this country. It involves preparation of family-based, H-1B, L-1, and I-140 petitions and may involve extensive writing and research in the preparation of J-1, O-1, and extraordinary ability petitions. This is a unique, challenging, and stimulating position in the vibrant area of immigration law, working at one of the largest and leading law firms in Minnesota in close conjunction with senior partners in the firm’s Immigration Department.
This position requires a passion for immigration law and superlative organizational, analytical and writing skills. The position is open to individuals with excellent attention to detail, superb verbal and written skills, and an interest in world affairs and foreign cultures. You must be able to work well in a document intensive and fast-paced environment. Experienced immigration paralegals preferred, but will also consider entry level.
OTHER SUPPORT STAFF
Practice Innovation Manager – Exciting new position available for a professional who is passionate about driving innovation in legal service delivery through people, process and technology. This position will interact with attorneys, staff and clients to identify client and practice needs, pain points and challenges that can be addressed with technology and/or process improvement. This position will also lead the evaluation, selection, implementation and adoption of new technologies and practice workflows, as well as maintain an inventory of existing Firm-owned/licensed practice-related legal technologies, monitoring and evaluating adoption, and identifying gaps. This position reports to Practice Management but requires close collaboration and a strong relationship with IT. Below are the experience/skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Juris doctor a plus.
- 5+ years of professional experience required, preferably in a law firm, legal department or legal technology company.
- Business analysis and project management experience preferred. Understanding of typical litigation and transactional practice workflows and processes a plus.
- Experience in implementation and/or support of legal technology solutions preferred. Experience with automation tools (Contract Express, HotDocs) and AI-enabled due diligence review tools (Kira, eBrevia) a plus.
- Expertise in standard business software applications such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; experience with project management and collaboration tools (Smartsheet, Microsoft Teams, Asana) and data analytics platforms (Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI) a plus.
Manager of Recruiting, Inclusion & Diversity – Position available for a Manager of Recruiting, Inclusion & Diversity to join our expanding teams. This position reports to the Director of Recruiting, Inclusion & Diversity and assists with managing and implementing strategic priorities and processes related to entry-level and lateral attorney recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and integration. This position also assists with establishing and advancing firm-wide inclusion and diversity initiatives, processes, and strategic priorities.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of five years of experience in recruiting/career development and diversity and inclusion within in a law firm or a law school. Bachelor’s degree required, JD preferred. The demonstrated ability to successfully manage people, as well as multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines in a fast-paced, service-oriented professional environment; strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills; sound professional judgment; and excellent attention to detail are required.
Fredrikson & Byron offers a highly competitive salary,
benefits package and excellent work environment.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.