Positions Available as of 6/13/2019
Employment & Labor Legal Administrative Assistant – Position available for a Legal Administrative Assistant in our highly regarded Employment & Labor Law Department. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, organized and detail-oriented litigation legal secretary. Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively. Three plus years of litigation based secretarial experience is required. Strong e-filing and litigation knowledge is essential. Candidates must have advanced skills in Microsoft 2010 Suite and have excellent organizational skills.
Trusts & Estates Legal Administrative Assistant – Position available for a Legal Administrative Assistant in our highly regarded Trusts and Estates Department. This position entails assisting in all aspects of trust and estate administration and tax and financial planning services. This position will require exceptional organizational and inter-personal skills. Knowledge or familiarity with trust and estate planning practices preferred. Candidates must have strong administrative skills, be client-service oriented, organized, detail oriented and have the ability to handle multiple tasks. Advanced Microsoft Office 2010 Suite required, Visio experience a plus.
Compensation Planning & Employee Benefits Legal Administrative Assistant – Position available for a Legal Administrative Assistant in our highly regarded Compensation Planning & Employee Benefits Department. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, organized and detail-oriented LAA. Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively. Experience with benefit programs including health and welfare, executive compensation, and retirement plans is preferred. Candidates must have advanced skills in Microsoft 2010 Suite and have excellent organizational skills.
Learning Solutions Specialist – Position available for a Learning Solutions Specialist. The Learning Solutions Specialist is responsible for effective training of all firm personnel through traditional learning methods as well as utilizing other education approaches like e-learning, videos, on-demand training and other creative ways to reach the appropriate audience. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for New Hire Orientation.
- Develop and deliver a wide range of deliverables, including but not limited to, traditional classroom training, training tips, posters, QRGs, and Instructor Guides.
- Evaluate existing class materials and update as necessary.
- Help maintain class schedules and class attendance.
- Work with individuals to identify learning solutions.
- Assumes other training responsibilities as assigned or apparent.
- If needed, assists the Help Desk support team with user requests.
At least five years of experience in training required. Legal experience preferred but not required.
Word Processor/LAA – Position available for a full-time opening for a Lead Word Processor/LAA. Hours are 7:30 to 4:00 p.m. Candidates should have 5+ years legal experience and knowledge of Windows 7 and Office 2010 Suite and other standard law firm applications with typing accuracy of 60+/wpm. Excellent grammar and organizational skills along with attention to detail required. The essential functions of the word processor position are the following:
- Convert, OCR/scan documents into electronic data for formatting and revising
- Type, edit and record data for various correspondence (reports, forms, statistical tables, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.) using an array of software programs
- Transcribe digital media/tapes (i.e. memos, letters, deposition summaries, interviews, meetings, etc.) using transcription software/equipment
- Create merge templates for letters, mailing labels, envelopes, name tags, place cards, and financial correspondence
- Use advanced software features to format documents (e.g., generate Table of Contents and Table of Authorities)
- Expertise with Word’s track changes and cross-referencing features
- Provide attorneys with clerical support (time entry, transcribe voicemails, typing, data entry, sending emails with attachments, folder labels, printing, copying, and faxing documents)
- Proofread and edit documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and consistent format
- Ability to download and organize large data sites for printing and assembling into binders
- Answer and field incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner
- Coordinate the workflow in the Word Processing Department
- Supervise two word processors
- 5 years of experience as a legal secretary or legal word processor
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Data Management System, preferably Desksite
- Typing ability of 60 WPM
- Strong legal industry experience
- Experience with time entry (Elite WebView) and client database (InterAction Web Client)
- Experience with electronic transcription software
- Swift learner; self-disciplined with strong work ethic and a good attitude; motivated to seek out opportunities
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and respond to frequent, high demands in a professional and courteous manner
- Must have good problem-solving skills
- Work well as part of a team
Employment & Labor Paralegal – Position available for a Paralegal to join our highly regarded Employment and Labor team. This position will assist Labor & Employment attorneys with all phases of general litigation matters, administrative charges, compliance audits, affirmative action data analysis, agency audits and workplace investigations. Preferred candidates will be strong with statistics, numbers and organization. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is required and experience with Ringtail is a plus. Applicant must possess excellent communication and organizational skills, have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under strict deadlines.
Patent Prosecution Paralegal – Position available for a patent prosecution paralegal. Qualified candidates should be familiar with U.S. Patent & Trademark Office procedures, rules and requirements. They should also be able to use patent-specific technology tools effectively—tools such as PAIR, EFS, patent docketing software and patent searching software. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of patent prosecution, including US, foreign and international. A minimum three to five years of experience as a patent prosecution paralegal in a law firm or corporation is required. An Associate’s degree is also required, though a BA degree and paralegal certificate are preferred. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both oral and written. A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) applications is also required.
Patent Agent – Position available for a Patent Agent to join our Intellectual Property Group of over 40 professionals, to be based in our Minneapolis office or our Des Moines office. We seek applicants with patent prosecution experience, a strong technical background and education in electrical or mechanical engineering, and a registration to practice with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. Candidates should also have excellent interpersonal, analytical and writing skills, along with strong academic/professional credentials.
In return for your expertise, we offer broad based intellectual property opportunities, including patent prosecution, client counseling, freedom to operate assistance, and IP due diligence, within a variety of technologies. Please include a cover letter and resume (combined in one pdf is easiest) when you apply.
Patent Agent Intern – Position available for a Patent Agent intern to join our Intellectual Property Group of over 40 professionals, to be based in our Minneapolis office. With the guidance of our attorneys, the intern will have opportunities to prepare and prosecute patents involving a broad range of technologies. The intern will also work with our lawyers and professional staff on infringement and validity analysis and have opportunities to meet directly with clients.
The ideal candidate is a student who is currently working on their M.S. or B.S. in electrical or mechanical engineering. Students with strong oral and written communication skills, analytical skills and academic records are encouraged to apply. No patent experience necessary. Please include a cover letter and resume (combined in one pdf is easiest) when you apply.
Fredrikson & Byron offers a highly competitive salary,
benefits package and excellent work environment.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.