Positions Available as of 1/16/2018
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Legal Administrative Assistant - Position available for a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant in our Fargo, N.D. office. Legal secretarial experience preferred. Candidates must have advanced skills in Windows 7/Microsoft Office 2010 Suite with accurate typing of 65+ wpm and have excellent organizational skills.
Trademark Paralegal - The firm has an opening for a Trademark Paralegal to join our highly regarded Intellectual Property group. The Trademark Paralegal will be part of our growing trademark team and have the opportunity to do interesting and challenging work. Candidates should be familiar with U.S. Patent and Trademark Office procedures, rules and requirements; have the ability to effectively utilize PTO trademark-specific technology tools, such as TESS, TEAS, TSDR, TTABVUE, and ESTTA; and should have a strong knowledge of trademark prosecution and enforcement, including US and foreign matters. In addition, candidates should have strong trademark clearance search skills with tools such as Saegis. Familiarity with copyright, licensing and domain name registration and enforcement are preferred.
Candidates must be curious, proactive, detail-oriented, reliable, able to prioritize tasks and able not only to work independently but also to work well with others. The ability to communicate clearly and succinctly is essential. Candidates must think critically, be adaptable and work with an eye toward continuous improvement.
Candidates should have a minimum of three years of experience as a trademark prosecution paralegal in a law firm or corporation and a minimum of an Associate’s degree; BA and paralegal certificate preferred. A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) applications is required. Please include a cover letter, resume and writing sample when applying.
LIBRARY AND RESEARCH SERVICES
Electronic Resources Librarian - Position available for an Electronic Resources Librarian. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the firm’s digital resource portfolio through the resources’ life-cycle. Purchasing new electronic resources, coordinating necessary promotion and training with library staff, managing passwords and license information, leveraging usage statistics when considering a renewal and coordinating steps to discontinue access.
- Working with attorneys and library staff to evaluate new electronic resources for purchase. Includes defining use cases and gathering information on cost, relevancy and authoritativeness.
- Providing first-level technical support to users of electronic resources such as BNA, CCH, RIA Checkpoint and others. Acting as the library’s technology liaison to other departments, including IT.
- Serving as administrator of the firm’s electronic resources management system (OneLog) and the research request system (Quest). Monitoring its effectiveness; coordinating and evaluating data on electronic resource usage; and implementing improvements as identified.
- Facilitating implementation of new tools and resources that enable attorneys to more efficiently access research resources. Includes managing the library’s presence on the firm’s intranet (SharePoint).
Candidates must have a master’s degree in library science and 2+ years of relevant work experience in supporting electronic resource lifecycle activities. Experience resolving product and service issues with vendors, outstanding communication, collaboration, innovation and client service skills also required. Prefer experience working in law firms or other professional services and experience with business and/or legal research tools, such as Lexis or Westlaw, CCH, BNA, BLAW and others.
Systems Engineer - Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of our systems and data is one of Information Technology Department’s most critical responsibilities. We are seeking an experienced professional with leadership skills to maintain and advance the systems at the firm. With many years of recognition as one of Minneapolis' Best Places to Work, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, forward-thinking organization! If you have the skills we are looking for and want to be a part of an excellent team, please apply for the Infrastructure Engineer position.
The Systems Engineer is a full-time position and will manage and maintain all the infrastructure technology of the firm. Responsibilities include:
- Manages and maintains the firm's back office systems, servers, telecommunications and infrastructure.
- Evaluates, installs and maintains technologies and systems that match the firm's Service Level Agreements for availability, performance, functionality and security.
- Establishes policies and practices to protect the firm and the firm's information assets.
- Interacts with firm leadership to ensure that those policies and practices align with the business goals of the firm and meet or exceed accepted industry standards and practices.
- Researches and implements applications, systems, and methodologies to ensure that the firm's technology supports established firm and industry security standards.
- Supports the firm as an escalation point for end users for communications, systems, hardware and the firm's enterprise applications
- Designs and implements complete solutions for the firm's technology initiatives
In-depth skills with LAN, WAN, Windows networking, IP networking, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, scripting and telephony are required skills. The candidate must be able to interact with end users at all levels, work independently and creatively and be able to implement unfamiliar technologies. Depth and breadth in many subjects will be a key factor for a successful applicant. Schedule flexibility and limited travel are required. Bachelor of Science degree in a technology related field or 7 plus years of equivalent experience is required.
Fredrikson & Byron offers a highly competitive salary,
benefits package and excellent work environment.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.