Positions Available as of 2/13/2019
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS/SUPPORT STAFF
Intellectual Property Legal Administrative Assistant - Position available for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our highly regarded Intellectual Property Litigation department. Candidates must have strong administrative skills, be client-service oriented, organized, detail oriented and have the ability to handle multiple tasks. Minimum of three years litigation experience, knowledge and ability to complete electronic computer filing (ECF – state and especially federal) and Microsoft Office 2010 Suite required. Experience in intellectual property litigation is a plus, but not required.
Pro Bono & Community Service Coordinator - Position available for a Pro Bono & Community Service Coordinator. Giving back to the community through pro bono and community service is a core value of the firm. Fredrikson has developed a broad-based pro bono program to serve individuals and nonprofits in need throughout the communities we serve. The firm also holds a number of community service projects each year. Due to the growth of these projects, there is now an opportunity to join this dynamic program. This position may also include supporting a lawyer or other administrative departments as needed. It is a mix of both administrative and programmatic responsibilities with room to grow. If you would like to be an integral part of this effort, this position is for you. Responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with the Director of Pro Bono & Community Service and the Pro Bono Committee to advance the firm’s service goals.
- Assist in drafting internal and external publications and notifications.
- Become familiar with lawyers within the firm and outside organizations to build projects.
- Help facilitate requests for assistance.
- Respond to requests for program information from staff and lawyers.
- Attend and take minutes at Pro Bono Committee meetings; monitor tasks.
- Prepare, maintain and recruit volunteers for scheduled clinics.
- Assist in responding to requests for statistical information for internal and external reporting.
- Assist with the development and deployment of community service projects.
- Provide administrative legal support to a lawyer or other administrative departments as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Fredrikson Foundation by tracking requests for grants and contributions to organizations.
This position requires a detail-oriented individual with a strong interest in social justice and public service. Must be outgoing and comfortable communicating with a wide-range of social, economic and intellectually diverse individuals. Candidates should have a minimum of two years’ experience in litigation, with volunteer management or recruitment experience preferred. Must have the ability to handle multiple projects at one time. Proficiency in Excel, with excellent writing, proof-reading and organizational skills a must; independent judgment, and the ability to problem solve needed.
Litigation Docketing Administrator - Position available for a Litigation Docketing Administrator. This is an exciting opportunity to help our Litigation Division implement and maintain a new centralized, electronic docketing system. Experience/skills required are as follows:
- 5+ years of docketing experience, including experience using e-Dockets or other similar rules-based docketing software.
- Experience with database management, data entry control, and reporting.
- Experience docketing in multiple states, both Federal districts and State jurisdictions.
- Preference given to paralegal or JD (license active/inactive).
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Highly team- and detail-oriented.
Real Estate Paralegal - The firm has an opportunity for a paralegal in our Minneapolis real estate practice group. Responsibilities include all aspects of real estate transactions. Candidates must be detail oriented, able to handle a busy and diverse workload, and work independently, with strong communication skills. We seek professional individuals with at least five years of real estate paralegal experience required, with a minimum of ten years ideal.
Immigration Paralegal - The firm is recruiting a paralegal to work on immigration cases. This position will involve preparation of immigration applications for companies seeking temporary and permanent foreign workers as well as for various professionals, investors, and artists seeking immigration status in this country. It involves preparation of H-1B, L-1, and I-140 petitions and may involve extensive writing and research in the preparation of J-1, O-1, and extraordinary ability petitions. This is a unique, challenging, and stimulating position in the vibrant area of immigration law, working at one of the largest and leading law firms in Minnesota in close conjunction with Senior Partners in the firm’s Immigration Department.
This position requires a passion for immigration law and superlative organizational, analytical and writing skills. The position is open to individuals with excellent attention to detail, superb verbal and written skills, and an interest in world affairs and foreign cultures. Must be able to work well in a document intensive and fast-paced environment. Experienced immigration paralegals preferred, but will also consider entry level. Please include a writing sample with your resume.
Fredrikson & Byron offers a highly competitive salary,
benefits package and excellent work environment.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.