Positions Available as of 10/15/2018
WORD PROCESSOR/LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Word Processor/Legal Administrative Assistant - Position available for a full-time opening for a Word Processor/LAA. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Candidates should have 5+ years legal experience and knowledge of Windows 7 and Office 2010 Suite and other standard law firm applications with typing accuracy of 60+/wpm. Excellent grammar and organizational skills along with attention to detail required. The essential functions of the word processor position are the following:
- Convert, OCR/scan documents into electronic data for formatting and revising
- Type, edit and record data for various correspondence (reports, forms, statistical tables, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.) using an array of software programs
- Transcribe digital media/tapes (i.e. memos, letters, deposition summaries, interviews, meetings, etc.) using transcription software/equipment
- Create merge templates for letters, mailing labels, envelopes, name tags, place cards, and financial correspondence
- Use advanced software features to format documents (e.g., generate Table of Contents and Table of Authorities)
- Expertise with Word’s track changes and cross-referencing features
- Provide attorneys with clerical support (transcribe voicemails, typing, data entry, sending emails with attachments, folder labels, printing, copying, and faxing documents)
- Proofread and edit documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and consistent format
- Ability to download and organize large data sites for printing and assembling into binders
- Answer and field incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner
- 5 years experience as a legal secretary or legal word processor
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Data Management System, preferably Desksite
- Typing ability of 60 WPM
- Strong legal industry experience
- Experience with client database (InterAction Web Client)
- Experience with electronic transcription software
- Swift learner; self-disciplined with strong work ethic and a good attitude; motivated to seek out opportunities
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and respond to frequent, high demands in a professional and courteous manner
- Must have good problem-solving skills
- Work well as part of a team
Electronic Records Analyst - Collaborating with the Manager of Records and Enterprise Content, this position is primarily responsible for working with the Content Management team to organize and structure the Firm’s electronic content. This includes spending time consulting with attorneys and support staff on proper electronic records management and retention practices in compliance with the Firm’s Records Management policies. Responsibilities include:
- Organize electronic content in both structured and unstructured data repositories with the end goal of applying retention information.
- Assist in the document destruction workflow.
- Perform document imports and exports for the Firm’s document management system.
- Consult with Firm staff on e-mail management.
- Educate attorneys and staff on proper Records Management and retention practices.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Records Management experience required. Candidates must have superb communication skills and the confidence to consult with all levels of attorneys and staff. Experience in legal field preferred but not required.
Fredrikson & Byron offers a highly competitive salary,
benefits package and excellent work environment.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.