Positions Available as of 4/12/2018
ADMINISTRATION - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Chief Information Officer - Position available for a Chief Information Officer (CIO). Fredrikson’s CIO will provide strategic leadership, development, evaluation and coordination of the information and technology systems for the firm. Responsibilities include leading a strong team and working with firm leadership to prioritize and implement technology solutions that address current and future business needs.
Our ideal candidate will have strong experience in executive management of information technology (IT) personnel, the ability to formulate information technology goals that are aligned with firm goals and to effectively communicate with all levels of firm personnel. Must have a solid understanding of business needs analysis and change management. Must be knowledgeable about current and future technology trends, infrastructure strategies, security principles, software application development and support.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel. Experience at the executive level in a service industry is essential.
Immigration Paralegal - Position available for a paralegal to work on immigration cases. This position will involve preparation of immigration applications for various professionals, investors and artists who are seeking immigration status in this country. It may involve extensive writing and research projects involving submissions for researchers working in universities throughout the country or other individuals of extraordinary ability. This is a unique, challenging and stimulating position in the vibrant area of immigration law, working at one of the largest and leading law firms in Minnesota in close conjunction with Senior Partners in the firm’s Immigration Department.
This position requires a passion for immigration law and superlative writing, analytical and research skills. The position is open to individuals with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, superb verbal and written skills and an interest in world affairs and foreign cultures. Must be able to work well in a document intensive and fast-paced environment. Minimum of 2 years Immigration paralegal experience preferred.
Communications & Digital Services Specialist - Position available for a Communications & Digital Services Specialist. You will be responsible for planning and executing the firm’s content and ensuring brand alignment across all marketing campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
You will work collaboratively with the communications team, business development managers, attorneys and staff, serving as the person responsible for drafting and editing the firm’s communication materials including articles, emails, analytics reports, news releases, ads and videos. You will also be responsible for social networking and managing firm listings in legal directories.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a communications or marketing role
- Excellent writing, editing (AP Style), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and social analytics tools knowledge
- An understanding of user experience, SEO and Google Analytics
- Experience working with content management systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time with impeccable attention to detail
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Active learner
- Experience training high performing professionals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Four-year college degree in marketing, communications or related field
Finance Specialist - Position available for a full-time Finance Specialist in their Finance Department. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinates daily incoming receipts for the firm including tracking electronic notifications, downloading lockbox reports and providing control totals for AR posting. Responsible for ensuring all cash is accounted for. Posts all GL related cash. Maintains petty cash account.
- Coordinates receipts for seminars and other products sold by the firm; responsible for logging onto credit card providers and retrieving batch information and posting to various GL accounts. Assists accountants with sales tax information on the above.
- Reviews AP submissions for validity using Chrome River software. Coordinates the daily AP check run. Helps with vendor statement reconciliation and coordinates other group payments for the firm.
- Provides accounting support for wholly owned subsidiary.
- Provides organizational support for the department and backup for others during vacations, etc.
Candidates must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced environment. Post high school training in accounting or general finance area and 3 to 5 years of related office experience. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 Suite is required. Knowledge of Elite and prior work within a finance dept. setting are a plus.
Business Intake and Conflicts Analyst - Position available for a dynamic and motivated individual for the role of Analyst in the New Business & Conflicts department. This position assists attorneys with their compliance duties in a fast-paced environment researching and analyzing data associated with potential new business. The ideal individual will have a collaborative mindset, an acute attention to detail, work well under pressure and understand the meaning of exceptional customer service. Key responsibilities include:
- Process electronic new business intake requests using firm guidelines to ensure the accuracy of the conflict search, file opening data and ensure that engagement letters/waivers are attached according to the firm’s guidelines.
- Execute conflict searches and preparing conflict reports.
- Completing requests efficiently and accurately from multiple queues of requests.
- Provide support to business users
- Pre-screen lateral hire conflicts identifying potential conflicts for an Intake officer’s review.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining related party links in the conflicts database.
- Work closely with the firm’s Intake officers in resolving any intake or conflicts issues.
- Responsible for processing changes to all clients/matters such as addresses, billing attorney assignments, etc.
- Perform special projects when they arise.
- Strong computer, research, analytical and proofreading skills
- Experience working in a professional or legal office environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Law firm experience and familiarity with law firm risk management applications used during conflicts and new business intake processes (esp. IntApp Open).
- Experience supporting or using workflow applications or other automated processes.
Fredrikson & Byron offers a highly competitive salary,
benefits package and excellent work environment.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.