Ad Law 101: Troubleshooting Legal Issues in a Creative World
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2017
Time: 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
You have a great idea for an advertisement, but does it comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s guidelines and applicable laws?
Please join Fredrikson & Byron’s Start Up & Rapid Growth Enterprises (SURGE) practice group for a discussion and Q&A session on this topic.
Advertising law attorneys and industry experts will provide practical answers to questions like:
- What is copyright infringement?
- What is trademark infringement?
- What is false advertising?
- What constitutes a violation of a person’s right of publicity?
- What do I need to do if I want a celebrity endorse my product or service?
- Can I refer to my competitor’s product in my advertisement?
- What is native advertising? Is it legal?
- What do I need to do if I want to conduct a sweepstakes?
Business owners as well as agency insiders and members of the creative community are encouraged to attend.
Space is limited.
Courtney A.H. Thompson, Attorney, Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
200 S. Sixth Street, Suite 4000