Updated: March 20, 2020. Effective until further notice.
This Onsite Vendor Policy Regarding COVID-19 (“Policy”) applies to all vendors, third-parties, and non-employees seeking to gain access to any Fredrikson & Byron offices located in the United States and Mexico.
This Policy is based on current recommendations set forth by the United States Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”), and Fredrikson & Byron reserves the right to update or amend this Policy at any time.
A. Travel – International and Domestic.
- Consistent with CDC recommendations, at this time and until further notice, do not enter a Fredrikson & Byron office within 14 days after return from traveling on a cruise ship (regardless of whether there was a confirmed case of COVID-19 on board the ship) or after traveling to an area identified by CDC as an area with a high risk of community spread of COVID-19. This is the Warning Level 3 (red) list at https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices.
- In addition, if you have done any international travel within the past 14 days, please contact your administrative contact at Fredrikson & Byron to obtain approval before coming to a Fredrikson & Byron office.
B. Restricted Access to Fredrikson & Byron Offices.
- To curtail the spread of the virus and protect the health and safety of Fredrikson & Byron attorneys, staff, clients, and other visitors to our offices, we have adopted CDC recommendations regarding restrictions for access to our offices. DO NOT COME TO A FREDRIKSON & BYRON OFFICE while:
- You are ill with a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19.
- You are in close contact with a person with a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19 (close contact includes living with, caring for, or being an intimate partner of someone with a confirmed case). Refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct a risk assessment of your own potential exposure.
- Pursuant to CDC guidelines, we also require that you do not come to a Fredrikson & Byron office for 14 days (even if you do not feel ill) following the date of:
- Your full recovery from a diagnosed case of COVID-19 (we may request a note from a physician indicating your recovery).
- The full recovery of a person with a diagnosed case of COVID-19 with whom you have ongoing close contact (close contact includes living with, caring for, or being an intimate partner of someone with a confirmed case).
- Your last close contact with a person with a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19
- You or someone with whom you are in close contact being directed by a healthcare provider to self-quarantine.
- Your return from a cruise ship travel (regardless of whether there was a confirmed case of COVID-19 on board the ship) or travel to an area identified as the CDC as a destination with a high risk of community spread of COVID-19.
- Even if you have no reason to believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, if you have symptoms of a virus or other respiratory illness (including influenza), do not come to a Fredrikson & Byron office, until at least 24 hours after being free of fever (100.4 degrees F or 38 degrees C) or signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- Please follow the CDC recommendation to check yourself for symptoms of acute respiratory illness such as fever, cough, or difficulty breathing before evaluating whether to enter a Fredrikson & Byron office, and if you have any symptoms, please do not enter a Fredrikson & Byron office.
- Vendors who are at a Fredrikson & Byron office and display one or more symptoms of illness will be asked to leave the premises and will only be permitted to return according to this Policy.