Posts from June 2021.
Construction is one of the more unique and fascinating industries when it comes to state tax. When working with clients on either sales and use tax planning or controversy matters, the sales and use tax structure facing contractors frequently prompts a number of unanticipated challenges.
A taxpayer with substantial back taxes has a few options to deal with IRS pressure to get them paid, and while an installment agreement can be a good outcome in some cases, there are many pitfalls to avoid when entering into one.
If you just filed a property tax appeal for the January 2, 2020 (Pay 2021) tax year, you may have obligations to comply with what is commonly referred to as the “August 1 Rule.”
The story can apply directly to issues currently facing Minnesota taxpayers. Said directly, we will have “unpredictable elements” in life. And, while those elements can be insurmountable when surfacing on their own schedule, we can have a positive impact when exercising deliberate foresight.
Minnesotans are wondering: could or should they change their residency to achieve income tax savings?
- The Tangled Web of Worker Classification: Different Legal Standards Weave Confusion
- How to Undermine Your Tax Positions: Let’s Talk About Privilege
- Professor Moriarty Is Going to Make an Appearance at the U.S. Supreme Court
- Minnesota Ends COVID-19 Nexus Relief
- Less Than Meets the Eye: SCOTUS Holds Tax Court Petition Deadline Not Jurisdictional
- The Glory of Junk Mail
- Double, Double Toil and Trouble: DOL and IRS Penalties for Failure to File Form 5500
- As Sherlock Holmes Would Say, “The Game’s Afoot”: A Possible SCOTUS Tax Case?
- Down the Rabbit Hole: Should Companies Let Employees Work from Other States?
- It’s Not Easy Being Green: The Complicated Web of State Taxation and Renewable Energy Projects
- Firm NewsFredrikson Hires Ann Rainhart as Chief Operating Officer
- Legal UpdateSEC Division of Examinations 2023 Exam Priorities
- Legal UpdateState Department Plans Pilot to Allow Visa Renewals in United States for H and L Workers
- Legal Update41K+ Individuals Denied Visas Under Trump-Era Travel Ban Can Reapply Without Paying a Fee