- Posts by Lynn S. LinnéShareholder
Her practice also extends to issues involving real estate valuation, including property tax appeals and condemnation matters. Lynn’s common practice areas are highlighted below:
Property Tax Appeals
Lynn assists clients with ...
You are moving to another state, but will keep some Minnesota ties (e.g., maintain a house or cabin in Minnesota, spend summers in Minnesota, remain employed by a Minnesota company). Will the Minnesota Department of Revenue agree that you actually moved?
Many 501(c)(3) organizations receive a property tax statement on a newly acquired property and ask: "As a 501(c)(3) organization, aren't we exempt from property tax?"
Recently, many of our clients have received notices from the county assessor’s office that the county is conducting an “annual review” of their property for assessment purposes. How should you respond to these types of requests? It depends.
If you just filed a property tax appeal for the January 2, 2020 (Pay 2021) tax year, you may have obligations to comply with what is commonly referred to as the “August 1 Rule.”
- The Tangled Web of Worker Classification: Different Legal Standards Weave Confusion
- How to Undermine Your Tax Positions: Let’s Talk About Privilege
- Professor Moriarty Is Going to Make an Appearance at the U.S. Supreme Court
- Minnesota Ends COVID-19 Nexus Relief
- Less Than Meets the Eye: SCOTUS Holds Tax Court Petition Deadline Not Jurisdictional
- The Glory of Junk Mail
- Double, Double Toil and Trouble: DOL and IRS Penalties for Failure to File Form 5500
- As Sherlock Holmes Would Say, “The Game’s Afoot”: A Possible SCOTUS Tax Case?
- Down the Rabbit Hole: Should Companies Let Employees Work from Other States?
- It’s Not Easy Being Green: The Complicated Web of State Taxation and Renewable Energy Projects
- Firm NewsFredrikson Hires Ann Rainhart as Chief Operating Officer
- Legal UpdateSEC Division of Examinations 2023 Exam Priorities
- Legal UpdateState Department Plans Pilot to Allow Visa Renewals in United States for H and L Workers
- Legal Update41K+ Individuals Denied Visas Under Trump-Era Travel Ban Can Reapply Without Paying a Fee