Lindsey combines her comprehensive environmental and regulatory knowledge with her transactional experience to provide added value to her industrial, commercial and energy clients.
In her environmental practice, Lindsey has served as environmental counsel in hundreds of mergers, acquisitions and real estate transactions where she manages environmental due diligence; drafts and negotiates environmental provisions in purchase agreements, contracts, and leases; and advises clients regarding environmental liability and risk allocation.
Lindsey regularly advises industrial, energy and commercial clients on permitting and regulatory compliance. Lindsey also counsels clients regarding environmental review processes and land use and zoning matters.
In her energy practice, Lindsey provides regulatory counsel to clients regarding environmental matters, project permitting, generator interconnection, and compliance under federal energy laws, such as the FPA and PURPA. Lindsey also assists with the acquisition, development, and sale of wind, solar, pipeline, transmission and other energy projects.
Prior to joining the firm, Lindsey worked as a legal intern for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 7 in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Represented renewable energy developers and owners in over 500 MW of project sales and acquisitions.
- Represented renewable energy developers in navigating generator interconnection procedures and obtaining interconnection agreements with transmission owners and transmission providers.
- Represented renewable energy developers in state-level permitting proceedings, including certificate of need, site permitting and route permitting proceedings.
- Served as environmental counsel to buyers and sellers in over one hundred mergers, acquisitions and real estate transactions.
- Advised industrial clients regarding environmental compliance in areas including waste, water, chemical regulation, air, and occupational health and safety.
- Counseled clients in the investigation and cleanup of contaminated properties.
- Represented energy and commercial developers in planning, zoning and land-use proceedings.
Articles & Presentations
February 21, 2017
In early February 2017, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) began mailing general notice letters and requests for information to parties it believes may be responsible under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) for cleanup of the Freeway Sanitary Landfill Site, located in Burnsville, Minnesota.Read More
April 20, 2012
On March 30, 2012, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) issued an order conditionally accepting the Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator’s Tariff revisions in Docket No. ER12-309, effective January 1, 2012.Read More
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Managing Environmental Issues in Business Transactions: Dealing with Uncertainty and Regulatory Changes, co-presented with Jeff Sepesi, Sepesi Law Office, April 23, 2015
- Meeting Utility Resource Needs with Solar: The Merits of The Aurora Solar Project, co-presented with Nathan Franzen, Geronimo Energy, LLC, March 19, 2014
Honors & Education
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2009, magna cum laude
- Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Master of Public Affairs, 2009
- Concordia College - Moorhead, B.A., 2005, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2009
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, Rising Star – Environmental, 2016-2017
- Indiana Law Journal, Notes and Comments Editor, 2008-2009; associate, 2007-2008
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Environmental, Natural Resources and Energy Law Section Council (Secretary, 2012-2013; Treasurer, 2013-2014; Vice Chair, 2014-2015, Chair, 2015-2016)
- Energy Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Voyageurs National Park Association, 2013-present (Chair 2015-2016)
- Volunteer Attorney, Children’s Law Center of Minnesota