Many have forecasted the use of blockchain will usher in a new age, while others have predicted blockchain’s demise. So which is it? Well, in typical lawyer fashion, the answer is: it depends.
Noah counsels companies—both established and emerging—investors, and private equity funds in all types of business transactions, focusing his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, and general corporate matters. In his practice, Noah draws on his business background and experience during his time seconded with a private equity client to help companies find practical solutions to the complex business matters and transactions that arise during the life cycle of a business.
Noah received his law degree from the University of St. Thomas School of Law, where he graduated summa cum laude and was a member of the law school’s choir. During his time at St. Thomas, Noah served as a research assistant to Professor Mariana Hernandez-Crespo Gonstead, drafting and editing scholarly articles exploring the importance of crafting creative dispute resolution mechanisms to strengthen cross-border investor-state relations, specifically in Latin America. He also served as a research assistant for the Holloran Center for Ethical Leadership, a role in which he performed research and drafting tasks related to producing scholarship in the area of business ethics.
Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a software solutions company in its acquisition of a SaaS company.
- Represented a human capital management company in its acquisition of a benefits software company.
- Represented a software company in a stock sale for the purchase price of approximately $8,400,000.
- Represented an educational testing service company in a stock sale of approximately $3,500,000.
- Represented a private equity investment firm in its sale of a manufacturer of specialty chemistries and materials for approximately $103,000,000.
- Represented a private equity investment firm in its sale of a vending machine supplier for approximately $105,000,000.
- Represented a Midwest investment fund in its acquisition an air medical and patient transport crews.
- Represented a lubricant and fuel distributor in its acquisition of a provider of petroleum-based products company for approximately $1,475,000.
- Represented a lubricant and fuel distributor in its acquisition of a supplier of quality lubricants company for approximately $9,000,000.
- Represented a lubricant and fuel distributor in its acquisition of a regional distributor of petroleum products for approximately $8,000,000.
- Represented a lubricant and fuel distributor in its acquisition of wholesale and direct distribution of lubricants company for approximately $46,000,000.
- Represented a software company in its acquisition of a diagram and flowchart software company for approximately $95,000,000.
- Represented a software company in its acquisition of a software developer for approximately $48,386,000.
- Represented a specialty metal processor in its acquisition of titanium recycling and processing center.
- Represented a software company in the sale of its assets in a traceability software company.
Emerging Growth and Venture Capital
- Represented a privately-held medical technology company in connection with its preferred stock financing approximately $17,000,000.
- Represented a master wholesale stocking distributor in its preferred stock financing of approximately $3,500,000.
- Represented a survey website company in its equity investment of approximately $20,865,570.
- Represented an early stage venture fund in its Fund II seed investment in a systems support team application software company.
- Represented an investment banker in connection with Series Seed Preferred Stock investment in a health company.
- Represented an early stage venture capital fund in connection with a Series Seed investment in a digital lending program.
Honors & Education
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D., 2017, summa cum laude
- Augustana College, B.A., 2013, cum laude
- Minnesota, 2017
- Member of First Place Team in the Association for Corporate Growth’s 2017 M&A Competition
- Associate Editor, University of St. Thomas Law Journal, 2014-2017