Pari assists clients on health care regulatory compliance and litigation matters involving state and federal fraud and abuse issues, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and reimbursement, licensure issues and government contracting.
Pari’s clients encompass a wide variety of players in the health care field including hospitals, payors, clinics, device manufacturers and long term care providers. She supports her clients by providing regulatory advice, including related to the Stark law, the Antikickback Statute, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement rules and state law licensure issues. Pari also represents individuals and health care businesses in litigation involving regulatory, licensing, employment and commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Fredrikson & Byron, Pari clerked for the Honorable James B. Loken on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. Before law school, Pari worked in a research laboratory at the Minneapolis V.A. Medical Center.
- Advised hospitals and clinics on Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement requirements and overpayment liability.
- Advised multiple clients on state law licensure, scope of practice and reimbursement issues.
- Member of the team handling a multi-billion dollar bid protest involving Medicaid managed care services.
- Represented long term care providers in licensing and survey matters.
Articles & Presentations
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Co-Presenter, “Health Law FAQs Answered,” Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, August 8, 2018
- Co-Presenter, “2018 Medicare Regulatory Update,” Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, December 13, 2017
- Presenter, “New Rules: MIPS, Physician Fee Schedule, Outpatient Rule and More!,” Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, December 14, 2016
- Presenter, “Key Topics from the 2016 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, Hospital Outpatient Rule and the Budget Act,” Fredrikson & Byron Health Law Webinar Series, December 9, 2015
- “Implied Certification Under the False Claims Act: Crafting Appropriate Limits,” MSBA Health Law Section, 2013
- “Up or Out: Why ‘Sufficiently Reliable’ Statistical Risk Assessment is Appropriate at Sentencing and Inappropriate at Parole,” Minnesota Law Review, 2013
- “Deidentification and Reidentification in Returning Individual Findings from Biobank and Secondary Research: Regulatory Challenges and Models for Management,” co-authored with W. McGeveran and L. Fatehi, Minnesota Journal of Law, Science and Technology, 2012
- “Analgesic Effects of Intra-articular Botulinum Toxin Type B in Murine Model of Chronic Degenerative Knee Arthritis,” co-authored with H. Krug, S. Frizelle and M. Mahowald, Journal of Pain Research, 2010
- “Pain Behavior Measures to Quantitate Joint Pain and Response to Neurotoxin Treatment in Murine Models of Arthritis,” co-authored with H. Krug, S. Frizelle and M. Mahowald, Pain Medicine, 2009
Honors & Education
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2013, summa cum laude
- University of Minnesota School of Public Health, MPH, 2013
- University of Minnesota, B.A., 2007, with distinction
- Minnesota, 2013
- Minnesota State Bar Association, North Star Lawyer, 2017
- Lockhart Award for Excellence in Scholarship, Leadership and Service, 2013
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in Health Law, 2013
- Order of the Coif
- MSBA Health Law Section Student Writing Contest First Prize Winner, 2013
- Delta Omega Honorary Society for Public Health, 2013
- Leonard, Street & Dienard Law Review Award, 2012
- Minnesota Law Review, Managing Editor, 2012-2013; staff member 2011-2012
- First Year Legal Research and Writing Honors, Best Brief, 2010
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable James B. Loken, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2013-2014
- Research Assistant, State Health Access Data Assistance Center, 2011-2013
- Legal Intern, Mayo Clinic, 2011-2012
- Clerk, Minnesota Disability Law Center, 2010-2011