Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Bio-Techne Corporation in its acquisition of Cliniqa Corporation.
Ryan C. Brauer
Assistant: Shari Buster, 612.492.7633
“I take a results-based approach to help get you across the finish line in the most efficient and practical manner possible.”
Practical. Efficient. Responsive. Ryan knows that understanding your business is the best way he can help you achieve your objectives. Ryan combines over a decade of experience with deep and broad knowledge of securities and corporate transaction law to assist clients with completing a wide range of corporate finance transactions.
As a shareholder in our Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions Groups, Ryan represents publicly-traded companies and their boards on SEC reporting and compliance, corporate governance, strategic acquisitions and financings. Ryan also frequently represents emerging companies on early-stage funding matters and entrepreneurial sellers, private equity funds, ESOP-owned companies and strategic buyers on M&A transactions. Ryan serves as outside general corporate counsel to many of his clients.
Ryan also represents underwriters and placement agents in equity and debt financings, as well as on FINRA compliance matters.
Ryan has significant experience representing clients in the energy, life sciences, software/technology (including artificial intelligence and virtual reality applications), media, digital marketing and advertising, industrial manufacturing and restaurant/hospitality industries.
- Represents publicly-traded corporations on SEC compliance and corporate governance matters
- Represented AGA Medical Holdings, Inc. in its sale to St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- Represented Dougherty & Company LLC as underwriter on follow-on common stock offering by Diversified Restaurant Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Craig-Hallum Capital Group, LLC as underwriter on follow-on common stock offering by Datalink
- Represented Titan Machinery Inc. in its initial public offering and two follow-on offerings
- Represented a publicly-traded data storage value-added reseller in a 144A convertible debt offering, a $110 million convertible subordinated notes exchange offer and a $50 million acquisition of privately-held target
- Represented local assisted-living facility in $5 million private placement of LLC interests
- Represented durable medical products manufacturer in its initial public offering
- Represented local software-as-a-service company in $90 million sale transaction
- Represented local filtration device manufacturer in $225 million sale transaction
- Represented publicly-traded wind energy components manufacturer in numerous acquisitions and securities financing transactions
- Represented local medical device manufacturer in a $3 million convertible debt offering
- Represented local software company in $3 million venture capital preferred equity investment
- Represented local software company in $15 million minority investment in preferred equity
- Represented a leading boutique investment bank in its sale to BMO Capital Markets
- Represented Incisive Surgical, Inc. in its sale to Cooper Surgical, Inc.
- Represented more than 100 sellers with transaction sizes from $5 million to $1.3 billion, in a wide variety of industries, and with the buyers being leading strategic and financial buyers for mid-market and lower mid-market companies
Articles & Presentations
January 13, 2015
Fredrikson & Byron acted as legal counsel to Omnis Pharmaceuticals in a licensing agreement.
May 9, 2014
The Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) recognized 67 current Fredrikson & Byron attorneys as North Star Lawyers.
September 1, 2013
Recent high-profile insider trading cases brought by the SEC and the DOJ have resulted in hefty prison sentences, fines and settlements.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Panelist, “Agency Valuation and M&A Cycles: The Unspoken Impact on the Business and its Employees,” AdFed Program, July 27, 2017
- “Investor Relations Website Best Practices,” NIRI Virtual Chapter Webinar, January 2014
- “IPO Readiness: Legal Issues,” Blueprint for IPO Success Roundtable, May 2013
- “Going and Being Public,” The Collaborative Growth Series, May 2011
- “E-Proxy Rules Now Effective for All Public Companies,” April 2009
- “Smaller Company Reporting Rules: Impact on 2008 Form 10-K and Proxy,” FredNEWS: Corporate & Securities, February 2008, and FredNEWS: Business, April 2008
- “NASDAQ Introduces New Market Structure,” Fredrikson & Byron’s Business Focus Newsletter, November 2006
Honors & Education
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2003, cum laude
- University of Nebraska, B.J., News-Editorial, 1999, cum laude
- Minnesota, 2003
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Minnesota – Up and Coming: Corporate/M&A, 2019
- Minnesota State Bar Association, North Star Lawyer, 2012-2014
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2009-2010
- Minnesota Law Review, Managing Editor, 2002-2003; staff member, 2001-2002
- Nebraska Cornhuskers National Championship football team, Linebacker, 1995