Many believe cryptocurrencies could replace fiat currencies and become the primary global currency within the next several years. But what does this mean?
Wendy’s practice focuses on representing private equity funds and financial institutions in commercial finance transactions.
Wendy has represented national, regional and community banks and other financial institutions in a wide range of secured and unsecured commercial lending transactions, including acquisition financing, commercial and industrial loans, real estate and construction loans, loans involving tax credits, tax-exempt bond issuances and agency financing.
Wendy also has experience negotiating, drafting and advising clients on securitizations, derivatives, derivatives clearing agreements, repurchase agreements, complex lending arrangements and Dodd-Frank compliance matters.
Banking and Financial Institutions
- Represented commercial banks in connection with single-lender and syndicated commercial and industrial credit facilities to finance company borrowers’ working capital needs.
- Represented commercial banks in connection with real estate and construction loan facilities to finance the acquisition and development of numerous types of commercial real estate, including retail centers, hotels, multi-family housing developments, office/warehouse facilities and charter schools.
- Represented a commercial bank and sub-CDE in connection with new market tax credit transactions, including several small “loan pool” loans.
- Represented a commercial bank in connection with a $13 million tax-exempt bond issuance to finance the construction of a senior housing project and to refinance existing indebtedness.
- Represented mortgage lender in connection with commercial real estate transactions with agency financing.
- Represented a commercial bank in connection with letter of credit agreements.
Swaps and Derivatives
- Represented investment advisors, mutual funds, large institutional investors and hedge funds in connection with their ISDA Master Agreements, related amendments and collateral arrangements with most major swap dealers. Wendy has also advised clients on updating their trading documentation for Dodd-Frank and EMIR compliance.
- Represented a pension system, hedge fund and large institutional investor in connection with their repurchase agreements.
- Represented an insurance company and investment advisor in connection with derivatives clearing agreements.
- Represented an insurance company in connection with its futures agreements.
- Represented a hedge fund in connection with its prime brokerage agreements.
- Represented an issuer in connection with a $1.8 billion financing backed by property- and casualty-insurance premium finance loans. On that issuer’s behalf, separate $500 million, $400 million, $300 million and $200 million medium-term note offerings, each with AAA(sf) and A(sf) rated tranches.
- Represented an issuer in connection with more than $200 million of new variable funding notes relating to an existing master trust structure.
Articles & Presentations
March 1, 2018
Attorney Wendy A. Lisman has joined Fredrikson & Byron as an associate in the Bank & Finance and Private Equity Groups.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Panelist, “Securitization Basics: What Young Lawyers Should Know,” Securitization and Structured Finance Committee, ABA Business Law Section, October 25, 2018
- Co-Executive Editor, Frequently Used Terms in Securitization and Structured Finance Transactions: Jargon, Lingo, and Lore, Securitization and Structured Finance Committee, ABA Business Law Section, 2015
- Presenter, “Securitization Basics: What Young Lawyers Should Know,” Securitization and Structured Finance Committee, ABA Business Law Section, September 2016
Honors & Education
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2011, magna cum laude
- Carleton College, B.A., 2005, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2012
- New York, 2012
- Minnesota Law Review, Note and Comment Editor, 2010-2011
- Book Award Recipient, Civil Procedure, University of Minnesota Law School, 2008
American Bar Association
Structured Finance Industry Group’s Women in Securitization Initiative