Jake helps clients navigate complicated business disputes, government investigations and appeals.
As an associate in the Litigation and White Collar & Regulatory Defense Groups, Jake’s practice encompasses a wide variety of litigation, including breaches of contract, employment-related business disputes, shareholder litigation, trust and estate disputes, state and federal investigations and appeals. His work has helped clients prevail at all stages of the case, from pleadings and discovery to appellate wins.
Before joining Fredrikson, Jake served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Margaret H. Chutich, Associate Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court. He is a graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, where he participated in two legal clinics and was recognized for his commitment to pro bono service.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2017
- St. John’s University, B.A., 2013, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2019
- Judicial Clerk, Justice Margaret H. Chutich, Minnesota Supreme Court, 2018-2019
- Law Clerk, U.S. Attorney’s Office, 2015
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2018, 2020
- Recognition for the Pro Bono Pledge, University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2017
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter, Member
- Minnesota Justice Foundation, Board Member
- Minnesota Supreme Court Historical Society, Member
- Criminal Appellate Practice Clinic, Student Attorney, 2017
- Michigan Unemployment Insurance Clinic, Student Attorney, 2015-2016
- Michigan Journal of Law Reform, Volumes 49 and 50, Notes Editor
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, Volunteer Attorney
- Pontificio Ataneo Sant’ Anselmo, Rome, Italy, Benedictine Volunteer Corps, 2013-2014