Kristen is a Shareholder in the Oil and Gas Department in the Bismarck office. Her practice encompasses various areas of natural resources law, with an emphasis on title examination.
Kristen has extensive experience in the preparation of drilling and division order title opinions in North Dakota and started her energy law career in Denver before returning to North Dakota to join Fredrikson. She handles complex oil and gas title issues as well as general oil and gas matters. Prior to beginning her work in this industry, she practiced in the areas of natural resources, water law and medical malpractice litigation.
Kristen graduated with distinction from the University of North Dakota School of Law, where she was an editor of the North Dakota Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. She also obtained an LLM in Environmental and Natural Resource Law from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
Kristen currently serves on the North Dakota State Bar Association’s Energy Law Committee and is a member of the Denver Association of Professional Landmen and the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation.
- Preparation of complex drilling and division order title opinions for oil and gas operators drilling in North Dakota and Colorado
- Drafting documents related to real estate convergences and mineral development, including surface mineral and corrective deeds, overriding royalty assignments, and purchase and sale agreements
- Advising clients on complex issues relating to transfer and acquisition of surface, mineral and leasehold interests
- University of North Dakota School of Law, J.D., 2009, with distinction
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, LL.M., Environmental and Natural Resources Law
- University of North Dakota, B.A., 2005, cum laude
- North Dakota, 2012
- Minnesota, 2012
- Colorado, 2009
- Order of the Coif
Civic & Professional
- North Dakota State Bar Association, Energy Law Committee
- Denver Association of Professional Landmen
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- North Dakota Law Review, Managing Editor & Member, 2008-2009