Lynn works with business owners and management teams to advance their business goals by providing timely and effective counsel.
He provides advice to clients regarding governance, raising capital, mergers and acquisitions, entity formation, and related matters. Lynn has worked with businesses ranging from single doctor optometry clinics to multi-state corporations and knows that the legal issues facing companies can be as unique and diverse as the company itself. Whether it is reviewing a non-disclosure agreement ahead of a new business relationship or turning over your life’s work to a new owner, Lynn can provide relevant legal advice.
General Business Matters
- Developed strategy to transition professional firm to an employee through a combination of a stock sale and transfer of clients.
- Worked closely with a professional services company review and responded to proposals for work working to define role, limit risk and ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Represented an aerospace supplier as it contracted directly with governmental agencies, as well as other government contractors.
- Coordinated with Canadian counsel on strategy and documents necessary for corporate governance restructuring of cross-border business.
- Led reorganization of a company to create a new standalone subsidiary.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a professional services company in multiple strategic mergers across the country.
- Led the acquisition of a local brewery including negotiations with investors, acquisition of assets and real estate and regulatory concerns.
- Represented a regional retailer in the sale of its operations to a New York based acquirer.
- Represented an aggregate and asphalt producer in an equity sale to a national acquirer involving real estate, labor and regulatory matters.
- Facilitated asset sale of agriculture producer involving cooperative and plant licensing concerns.
- Led the sale and acquisition of multiple optometric, dental, veterinary and other medical practices.
Start-Ups & Venture Capital
- Assisted start-up companies navigate entity formation, negotiation with early investors and establishing a legal framework to match their business plan.
- Worked with a startup medical company raise funds to facilitate research and development of proprietary information and techniques ahead of commercialization.
- Represented a venture capital in participating in a Series Seed round of a technology start-up including review of current company operating and review of potential legal risks.
- Represented a company operating in a highly regulated industry navigate a Series A financing with investors operating in related industries.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2015
- University of Minnesota, B.A., 2012
- Minnesota, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2016
- Rising Star—Mergers & Acquisitions, Minnesota Super Lawyers, 2021
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association