Matt helps clients navigate complex business disputes.
Through effective advocacy, Matt strives to protect his clients’ legal interests while advancing their business objectives. He leverages deep knowledge of procedural and evidentiary rules to create innovative solutions to difficult legal problems—whether in the courtroom, through negotiation or with proactive measures to avoid litigation altogether.
Before joining Fredrikson, Matt gained valuable insight into how cases evolve through all stages of litigation as a law clerk to federal judges at both the trial and appellate levels.
- University of North Dakota School of Law, J.D., 2019, magna cum laude
- University of North Dakota, B.A., 2016, summa cum laude
- Minnesota, 2019
- North Dakota, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota, 2022
- Honorable Ralph R. Erickson, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2021-2022
- Honorable Peter D. Welte, United States District Court for the District of North Dakota, 2019-2021
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
- Editor-in-Chief, North Dakota Law Review, 2018-2019
- North Dakota Bar Foundation Outstanding Note Award, 2018
- University of North Dakota Internal Moot Court Champion, 2017