Tom helps clients with corporate governance, securities, commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions, information technology, data security, intellectual property and other business matters. His industry experience includes data services, media and marketing, financial services, life science, manufacturing, and technology companies.
Throughout his career, Tom has been at the forefront of business leadership and law. As both outside and in-house counsel, he has a unique perspective and the experience to assist clients in achieving business goals across their organizations.
From startups to large corporations, Tom quickly assesses the big picture while focusing on efficiently handling the details. This approach helps Tom’s clients succeed for years to come.
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Advanced Executive Program, 1998
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 1979, with distinction
- McPherson College, B.A., 1976, summa cum laude
- Iowa, 1979
- New York, 1987
- The Best Lawyers in America, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2023
Civic & Professional
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- Hoyt Sherman Place, President
- Balance Autism, Secretary
- Childserve Network, Chair
- Greater Des Moines YMCA, Vice President
- Association of Corporate Counsel—Iowa Chapter, Treasurer
- Council for International Understanding, Vice President
- Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute
- Iowa Legal Aid Society Central, Iowa Region Advisory Committee
- Plymouth Church, Homeless Assistance Team
- T.H. Roosevelt High School Based Committee
- I Have a Dream Foundation, Mentor
- Magazine Publishers Association, Legal Affairs Committee