When faced with malpractice claims, health care providers rely on Fredrikson for experienced and dedicated counsel. We recognize that an allegation of negligence is personal and can put reputations at stake. As a result, we are committed to working closely with our health care clients to understand the unique facts of each case, to mitigate the profound impact that litigation can have on individual providers, and to achieve the best result possible through strategic and passionate representation.
Areas of Expertise
- Medical malpractice defense in state and federal courts
- Risk management and claim reporting
- Insurance coverage disputes and policy analysis
- Minnesota Medical Board proceedings
- Nursing Board proceedings
- Dentistry Board proceedings
- Psychology Board proceedings
- Pharmacy Board proceedings
- Hospital disciplinary proceedings
- We defended a world-renowned health care provider in a medical malpractice suit alleging failure to diagnose an epidural abscess. The quadriplegic plaintiff sought over $8 million in damages. After a three-week trial, the jury returned a defense verdict.
- We represented a Minnesota health care provider that was sued in Iowa for medical malpractice that allegedly occurred in Iowa. We moved for dismissal based on lack of jurisdiction. The plaintiff resisted, claiming the clinic’s website and other contacts justified jurisdiction in Iowa. The court concluded that no jurisdiction existed in Iowa and dismissed the case.
- We defended a health care provider that was sued for negligence in connection with an outpatient MRI. The parties obtained a neutral evaluation of the case by an agreed-upon neutral. The plaintiff later voluntarily dismissed his suit
- We were asked by a medical clinic to evaluate medical malpractice insurance issues in connection with a possible “excess” verdict in an underlying medical malpractice case. We analyzed the issues and advised the clinic regarding insurance issues.
- We have represented medical doctors, dentists, nurses, psychologists, pharmacists and other health care professionals in more than 400 cases before state licensing boards. Also, we have successfully represented the same types of clients and health care facilities in numerous peer review proceedings.