The most important part of the process is assessing the alternative methods to wind down a business, choosing the right approach and executing on the plan.
Reps and warranties insurance, which has become common in conventional M&A transactions, is now being marketed for use in distressed transactions, including 363 bankruptcy sales. How will that work and can it help facilitate a more robust and competitive sale process?
As Chapter 11 debtors have grappled with the SBA’s surprising anti-debtor stance, a promising strategy has emerged. This strategy does not make sense for every Chapter 11 debtor, but for those Chapter 11 debtors that need additional liquidity and otherwise qualify for a PPP loan, quick action may be necessary.
As COVID-19 continues to devastate the U.S. and local economies, the service industry in particular has experienced substantial declines in both business and profits. However, the new Subchapter V of Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code and the CARES Act have provided service industry debtors with new and potentially life-saving tools to solve their unique debt issues moving forward.
It has been widely reported that the CARES Act increased the debt limit for small business bankruptcy cases under Subchapter V of Chapter 11, but how do small business bankruptcy cases differ from normal Chapter 11 cases and what are the benefits for small businesses?
Steps and strategies for trade vendors to protect themselves in the event a customer may file for bankruptcy during economic disruption.
Professionals should consider the traditional tools for helping troubled businesses but also explore non-traditional methods of solving client problems.
After Congress amended the Bankruptcy Code in 2019 to provide additional relief to farmers and small businesses, could Congress be poised to make yet another change to the Bankruptcy Code in 2020?
What is cryptocurrency? Bankruptcy practitioners and the courts better figure it out soon as the growth in popularity of cryptocurrencies continues to create new legal issues under the Bankruptcy Code.
- When High Times Get Low: Preparing for Minnesota’s Inevitable Cannabis Receivership Wave
- Eighth Circuit Holds Avoidance Actions May Be Sold Under § 363
- Confirmation of First Known Sub V Prepack
- A Quintet of Recent Major Court Decisions in Mass Tort Cases and a Scholarly Defense of Third-Party Releases and Two-Step Bankruptcies as a Matter of Public Policy
- Recent Trends in Subchapter V
- Subchapter V Bankruptcy Reorganization: Strategies and Uses
- Must a Liquidating Trustee Pay U.S. Trustee Fees Post-Confirmation?
- Practical Advice for Addressing Guarantees in Bankruptcy
- Preparing for Doomsday: A Primer for Creditors to Protect their Rights Against the Demise of Cryptocurrency