Bridging the Gap in US China Negotiation and Communication Styles
On May 23, attorneys from Fredrikson & Byron’s China Practice presented a program addressing how different styles of negotiating and communicating used by American and Chinese companies and government officials can impact, and sometimes derail, successful business dealings and government-to-government negotiations. The speakers addressed common pitfalls and strategies to overcome them, to achieve more effective communication, resulting in better commercial and diplomatic relationships.
- Tom Hanson, Diplomat in Residence, Royal D. Alworth Institute for International Studies, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Joan Brzezinski, Executive Director, U of M China Center and Confucius Institute
- Ruilin Li, Attorney, Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
- Larry Mahoney, CEO, Asia Direct Resources, Inc.
- Robert M. Oberlies, Chair – China Practice, Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
This program was co-hosted by Fredrikson & Byron and Global Minnesota.