A New Dawn: A Look at U.S. Immigration Policies and Practices at the Start of the Biden Administration
Hosted By: Fredrikson & Byron’s Immigration Group
Presenters: Robert Aronson, Jenny Bouta Mojica and Matthew Webster
On February 23, 2021, attorneys in Fredrikson & Byron’s Immigration Group discussed some of U.S. immigration’s most pressing employment-based issues in light of the change in administration, including the following topics:
- What will be the Biden administration’s focus on enacting widespread immigration reforms?
- What is the timeline, consideration and process to address restrictive changes that have occurred over the past 4 years?
- For H-1B cap-subject petitions (i.e., H1-B lottery), what is and might be the H-1B employer registration and selection?
- What has occurred and what can we expect in how to determine prevailing wage figures in immigration cases?
- What should we expect and when in addressing international travel restrictions and visa suspensions based on the outgoing Administration’s executive orders and proclamations?
- What we might expect from the Biden administration in other areas of immigration and compliance?
This program is available to view for free on demand after registration.