Health Law Webinar: Telemedicine Heading Into 2020: Updates on Legal, Reimbursement and Compliance Issues
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2019
1:00-2:00 p.m. Eastern
12:00-1:00 p.m. Central
11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Mtn
10:00-11:00 a.m. Pacific
Hosted By: Fredrikson & Byron’s Health Care Group
Presenters: Katie Ilten and Ryan Johnson
Join us for a soup to nuts discussion on the current state of telemedicine from a licensure, reimbursement and compliance perspective, including but not limited to the following topics:
- Legal and regulatory landscape for offering telemedicine;
- Creating a valid doctor-patient relationship;
- Malpractice considerations;
- Prescribing via telemedicine;
- Informed consent;
- Anti-kickback and fraud and abuse issues;
- Government and private payer reimbursement trends;
- Providing telemedicine across state lines; and
- Telemedicine and non-physician practitioners.
We have applied for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit for this program in Iowa and Minnesota. Please contact Greta Larson at email@example.com if you are an attorney licensed in another state and would like information about obtaining CLE accreditation.
We have also applied for Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) credits through the Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® and our application is currently pending their review for approval. Webinar participants will be notified of accreditation upon program approval of CLE and HCCA credits (typically three or four weeks following the webinar).