Health Law Webinar: Telemedicine Heading Into 2020: Updates on Legal, Reimbursement and Compliance Issues
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Hosted By: Fredrikson & Byron’s Health Law Group
Presenters: Katie Ilten and Ryan Johnson
On November 20, 2019, we held a soup to nuts discussion on the current state of telemedicine from a licensure, reimbursement and compliance perspective, including but not limited to the following topics:
- Legal and regulatory landscape for offering telemedicine;
- Creating a valid doctor-patient relationship;
- Malpractice considerations;
- Prescribing via telemedicine;
- Informed consent;
- Anti-kickback and fraud and abuse issues;
- Government and private payer reimbursement trends;
- Providing telemedicine across state lines; and
- Telemedicine and non-physician practitioners.
Live webinar participants will receive an email upon program approval for Minnesota and Iowa Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) credits through the Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® (typically three or four weeks following the webinar). Please contact Greta Larson at email@example.com if you are an attorney licensed in another state and would like information about obtaining CLE accreditation.