Jeff focuses his practice on providing a full range of commercial real estate legal services and advice to major regional and national corporations; REITs and other institutional holders of real estate; and real estate developers. He also has considerable experience in large, multi-property, multi-state real estate portfolio acquisitions and dispositions.
- Regional real estate counsel for large national REIT, including portfolio acquisition, disposition, leasing and development.
- Lead real estate counsel for Fortune 500 public and Fortune 50 private companies, providing full service real estate representation and counsel with respect to all aspects of national property portfolios, including transactional representation (purchase, sale, exchange, leasing, subleasing and development) and development of real estate forms and best practices.
- Representation of owner in structured transfer and leaseback transaction involving 1.1 million square foot landmark office tower.
- Representation of purchaser in connection with acquisition and financing of 80+ store chain of gas station/convenience stores.
- Representation of purchaser in connection with acquisition and financing of 60+ store chain of automotive service centers.
- Representation of major healthcare organization in land acquisition, approvals, development and construction of regional hospital.
- Representation of retail developer in connection with land assembly, development and leasing of large regional power center.
- Representation of purchaser in $1.475 billion multi-state portfolio acquisition of industrial properties.
- Representation of developer in connection with approvals for master-planned one million square foot mixed-use suburban development.
- Representation of developer in site acquisition, approvals, development and leasing of 6-building office/technology park.
- Representation of acquiring company in $300 million asset acquisition of national retail division, including the due diligence review and transfer of hundreds of owned and leased properties.
- Representation of purchaser in acquisition of chain of supermarkets.
- Representation of landlord in connection with build-to-suit lease transaction for 1.8 million square foot distribution center.
Honors & Education
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 1989, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 1989
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2013-present
- Certified Real Property Law Specialist, Real Property Section, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Law Review, Member, Articles Editor
- Order of the Coif
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Real Property Section
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Minnesota Shopping Center Association