Angela brings expertise and dedication to her role as a government relations specialist. She uses her wealth of knowledge and experience to guide clients to their desired legislative goals.
Angela assists clients by tracking relevant legislation, providing political analysis on current events, connecting clients with policymakers and external organizations, and strategizing with clients to best serve their needs. Angela’s policy work is focused on the areas of healthcare, non-profit and community-based programs, and technology.
Angela received her B.A. in Political Science and History from Dickinson State University and M.A. in Political Science from Iowa State University. After graduation, Angela spent time working as a staffer for Senator Heidi Heitkamp in a regional North Dakota field office. Through her time with Senator Heitkamp’s office, Angela grew her government relations connections to become Chair of the Government Relations Committee for the Dickinson Area Chamber of Commerce. Drawing on her experience, Angela supports the firm’s development and execution of government relations strategies and guides clients in successfully advocating for their interests at the Capitol.
Angela is not licensed to practice law. Her practice is limited to government relations consulting, which includes state and local lobbying.
As a government relations specialist, Angela has successfully worked with the Iowa legislature to:
- Prevent the reclassification of wild large cats
- Codify the adoption of animal subjects from research facilities
- Preserve protections regarding women’s healthcare
- Grow the footprint of an experienced and well-established health information exchange in Iowa
- Iowa State University, M.A., 2017
- Dickinson State University, B.A. 2015
Civic & Professional
- Senator Heidi Heitkamp, Field Office Staffer, 2018
- Des Moines Young Artists' Theatre, Board Member, 2022-present
- Committee on Refugees and Immigrants, Volunteer, 2021-present
- Des Moines Downtown Chamber of Commerce, 2020-present
- Historic East Village Neighborhood Association, 2020-present
- Dickinson Area Chamber of Commerce, Government Relations Chair, 2018-2019