Logan brings nearly a decade of government experience working as a political staffer and government relations attorney to help clients navigate the ever-changing political environment.
After graduating from Drake University Law School, Logan began his career as a Legislative Analyst and Policy Advisor for the Iowa House Republican Caucus. In this role, he drafted and analyzed proposed legislation for the State Government, Local Government and Labor Committees. He also served as the primary staffer for the Transportation Budget and the Rebuild Iowa Infrastructure Fund. This role required Logan to have a thorough understanding of the political, fiscal, and industry impacts of approximately 150 bills per session and $500 million worth of appropriations. These committees offered a diverse slate of bills which gave Logan expertise in the public bidding process, gaming, alcohol, occupational licensing, financial and election laws.
Upon leaving caucus staff, Logan served as a multi-client lobbyist and attorney at an Iowa-based boutique law firm. While lobbying he represented trade associations, non-profits, municipal governments, law enforcement, a casino and national corporations.
Logan builds and maintains bipartisan relationships at all stages of government. He has developed a reputation as a trusted resource for staffers, legislators and their constituents.
Born & raised in Sterling, Illinois, Logan learned the value of hard work from his parents who served as administrators in the Illinois Department of Corrections. He went on to receive academic and basketball scholarships to Briar Cliff University in Sioux City, IA. An injury ended his collegiate athletic career before it could get started, so he refocused his goals and graduated from college in three years with two degrees and two minors. Logan attended Drake University for Law School, where he was an active part of the Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity, Drake Law Republicans, Health Law Society, Federalist Society and Student Bar Association and spent much of his free time clerking or interning at the Iowa State house. Currently, Logan serves as an adjunct professor for Wayne State College’s Business Department.
- Added an alternative option to low-bid public construction bidding
- Phasing-out of the promotional play taxation for casinos
- Creation and funding of the Butchery Innovation and Revitalization Fund
- Expanded the State Vacant Building Demolition and Renovation Fund to include formerly owned federal buildings
- Authorization of sports wagering
- Updating Iowa’s Voter’s Identification and Election Laws
- Occupational Licensing Reform
- Authorizing Electronic Notaries
- Increasing the age to purchase tobacco from 18 to 21
- Authorizing canned cocktails to be sold
- Voter Protection Republican Party of Iowa, 2016, 2018
- Recount Judge for Congresswoman Mariannette Miller-Meeks, 2020
- Drake University Law School, J.D., 2017
- Drake University of Business and Public Administration, MBA, 2017
- Briar Cliff University, B.A., 2014
- Iowa, 2017
Civic & Professional
- Wayne State College’s Business Department, Adjunct Professor, 2021-present
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Member, Federalist Society, Member
- Young Professional Connection, Member
- Inaugural Legislative Softball Game, Fundraising Chair
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Guests Lecturer Drake University Law School, “A Day as Lobbyist,” 2018-present