Georgette is an immigration attorney and an advocate for international human rights.
She provides legal advice and strategy to individuals, employers, and families in a variety of immigration matters.
Georgette is an immigration attorney who is passionate about advocating for her clients, with a strong emphasis on clear communication throughout the process. Georgette believes all people have the right to have their voices heard and is honored to help people tell their stories before immigration adjudicators. She has experience working from initial consultation to final decision on immigration cases with both corporate and individual clients.
Prior to working with Fredrikson, Georgette handled immigration matters at a boutique law firm where she gained experience working on asylum applications; representing clients before the EOIR and in USCIS interviews; and with preparing multiple family-based adjustment of status cases and waivers, naturalization, consular processing, and employment-based petitions. During law school, she was a legal intern at the Advocates for Human Rights, the National Immigrant Justice Center, and the Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota. She also worked as a Research Fellow at World Without Genocide and the Human Rights Center at the University of Minnesota Law School; and she was a student attorney at the Rural Immigrants Access Clinic at the James H. Binger Center for New Americans and at the University of Minnesota Law School’s Human Rights Litigation and International Advocacy Clinic.
- Nonimmigrant Visas
- Immigrant Visas
- National Interest Waivers
Family & Individuals
- Fiancé (K‑1) Visa
- Consular Processing
- Citizenship Certificate (N600, N600K)
- Immediate Relative Petitions (Child, Stepchild, Parent)
- Deportation Defense
- Provisional Waivers
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2019
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas ICADE, LL.M., 2016
- McGill University, B.A., 2013
- Minnesota, 2019
- 1st Place and Best Orator in D.M. Harish Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition
- Book Awards in European Human Rights Law and EU Commercial Litigation
- Minnesota Justice Foundation Fellowship, Minnesota Center
Civic & Professional
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2019-present
- Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association, 2020-present
- Advocates for Human Rights, Mentor
- Immigration Justice Campaign, Volunteer Attorney
- Project Corazon, Volunteer Attorney
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Discussion Leader and Panelist, H-1B Basics Panel, AILA Upper Midwest Immigration Law Conference, May 20, 2022.