Noah brings more than a decade of political and government relations experience to help clients navigate complex political and policy issues to achieve desired results.
Noah’s in-house government relations and lobbying background includes a deep understanding of complex areas of healthcare, insurance and government procurements. Prior to joining Fredrikson, he served as the regional government relations manager for Medica Health Plan and led their state government relations efforts in Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri. Through this leadership role, Noah developed unique expertise in health insurance policy. Additionally, Noah worked closely with regulators for numerous industries in several Midwestern states, as well as regional and national associations and stakeholder groups. Understanding regional trends in legislative, regulatory and market activity helps Noah position his clients for success in Iowa.
At Fredrikson, Noah is renowned for his knowledge of the government procurement process. He has a strong understanding of cloud-computing and technology, financial services and corporate issues.
Committed to achieving client objectives in every political climate, Noah prides himself on his strong bipartisan relationships. He is a trusted resource for policy and constituent issues by Democrats, Republicans and Independents. Through consistent bipartisan efforts, Noah is sought after for his proficiency in coalition building and stakeholder engagement. He leads statewide stakeholder outreach campaigns in multiple states to better position clients for successful government procurement processes.
Noah is heavily involved in local, state, congressional and presidential politics. He advises candidates and campaigns on healthcare policy, election law, grassroots engagement and Iowa Caucus strategy. Being fully engaged in political mechanisms allows Noah the ability to translate political mystery into actionable policy objectives for his clients.
Born and raised on a Century Farm in Iowa, Noah brings a relentless work ethic to his professional work and community engagement. The proud son of a pastor, Noah serves in leadership capacities for local, regional and national faith entities. Currently, Noah serves on the Board of Directors for United Church Funds helping to steward nearly one billion dollars of managed assets. Additionally, he is the youngest member of the board of trustees of Eden Theological Seminary in St. Louis. During his tenure at Eden, Noah chaired an extensive by-law revision process and served on the committee to select the new president of the seminary. Noah has served on the national board of directors for the United Church of Christ, where he chaired the investment and endowment committee and served on the most recent presidential search committee.
As government relations counsel, Noah has successfully worked with the Iowa legislature to:
- Increase educational awareness of palliative care services across the state through a dedicated task force.
- Preserve funding in a tight budget year for the state’s tobacco cessation program and the breast and cervical cancer screening program.
- Implement one of the first in the region’s step therapy reforms bills to place guardrails on the utilization management process.
- Prevent countless cost increasing benefit and utilization management health insurance mandates.
- Ensure catastrophic drug rebate and PBM reforms were significantly amended to limit cost impact.
- Secured the first increase to the Medicaid reimbursement rate for air ambulance services.
- Iowa Caucus Presidential Precinct Captain, 2004, 2008, 2016, 2020
- Advisor to Bullock for President, 2019-2020
- Voter Protection Director for the Iowa Democratic Party, 2018
- Voter Protection Senior Advisor for the Iowa Democratic Party, 2020
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D., 2014
- St. Olaf College, B.A., 2010
- Iowa, 2017
Civic & Professional
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Greater Des Moines Partnership Policy Council, Member
- Polk County Democrats Central Committee, Member, 2021-present
- Eden Theological Seminary Board of Trustees, Member, 2017-present
- United Church Fund Board of Directors, Member, 2021-present
- Iowa Public Health Association Board of Directors, Member, 2022-present
- Ankeny Area Democrats Executive Committee, Member, 2019-present
- National United Church of Christ Board of Directors, Member, 2010-2017
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Moderator, Healthcare Roundtable with Congresswoman Cindy Axne, presented by Better Care America, October 2020
Speaker, Medica Health Insurance Broker Forums in Omaha, Des Moines and Kansas City, Fall 2019
Panelist, ACS CAN Nebraska Policy Event, November 2018
Guest Lecturer, Introduction to Lobbying, Grandview University, 2017-present
Co-Moderator, Vice-President Biden’s Cancer Moonshot Panel, University of Iowa Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, 2016