This article was prepared with the assistance of ABIL, the Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers, of which Loan Huynh, Fredrikson Immigration Department Chair, is a member.
The Department of State’s Visa Bulletin for May 2023 includes a variety of updates:
- Retrogression is likely in the final action dates for China and India in EB-1 visa number availability in the coming months.
- EB-2 final action dates for the rest of the world, Mexico and Philippines categories have retrogressed further to February 15, 2022, due to higher-than-expected demand, following retrogression in April.
- The India EB-2 and EB-5 final action dates will retrogress “as early as next month” to keep visa issuances within their annual per-country limits. “Every effort will be made in October to return the final action dates to at least the final action dates announced for April,” the bulletin says.
- The EB-3 final action date of June 1, 2022, is effective in May for the rest of the world, Mexico, and Philippines.
- “Further corrective action” is likely in the final action dates for the EB-3 “Other Workers” category for the rest of the world, Mexico and Philippines in the coming months.