Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates and alerts Flag Subscribe

By Immigration Group

This article was prepared with the assistance of ABIL, the Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers, of which Loan Huynh, Fredrikson Immigration Department Chair, is a member.

The Social Security Administration (SSA) announced that non-U.S. citizens can apply for a Social Security number (SSN) or replacement SSN card on the same forms used to apply for permission to work in the United States (Form I-765) or for lawful permanent resident status (Form I-485). They no longer need to apply directly via the SSA.

The SSA said that such applicants should receive their SSN cards within seven business days after receiving their employment authorization documents from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Jump to Page

Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. stores cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, make your browsing experience as useful as possible, and analyze site usage. By accessing this website with cookies enabled in your web browser, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device. Please read our Privacy Policy and our Disclaimer.