Fredrikson & Byron received the 2015 Leadership Award from the Minnesota Women Lawyers (MWL), an association of more than 1,300 attorneys, judges, law students, legal employers dedicated to advancing the success of women attorneys. All of the award recipients were honored at its 43rd Annual Meeting on May 8, 2015.
Fredrikson was recognized for its efforts to enhance the status, influence and effectiveness of its women lawyers. A few highlights include:
- Fredrikson has a variety of policies that allow its lawyers to balance their work and family responsibilities.
- At Fredrikson, 34 percent of the U.S. shareholders are women and 45 percent of the remaining lawyers are women.
- Fredrikson has a working environment that supports all of its lawyers and their efforts to build a practice.
- The firm has consistently earned external recognition for its efforts. Most recently Fredrikson ranked 3rd in the nation by Law360 for being one of the “Top 100 Law Firms for Women Attorneys.” It has also received the “Gold Standard Certification” from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum for the third consecutive year.
- Fredrikson supports women in the local community by sponsoring key events and organizations that are focused on the development of female leaders.
“We are pleased to be recognized for our long-standing commitment to offer programs, policies and benefits support the hiring, retention and advancement of women attorneys,” said Mary Ranum, chair of the firm’s Board of Directors.
Fredrikson & Byron is a 275-attorney law firm based in Minneapolis, with offices in Bismarck, Des Moines, Fargo, St. Paul, Monterrey, Mexico, and Shanghai, China. Fredrikson & Byron has a reputation as the firm “where law and business meet”. Our attorneys bring business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking to work with clients, and operate as business advisors and strategic partners, as well as legal counselors. More information about the firm is available at www.fredlaw.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and on Twitter @FredriksonLaw.