Alissa advises private equity groups, investors, lenders, developers, landlords and tenants on a variety of commercial real estate transactions. She strives to see the big picture for her clients and provide legal counsel tailored to her clients’ needs.
Alissa represents landlords and tenants in retail leases, mixed-use, and office leases. She drafts and negotiates development, real estate and corporate purchase agreements (including asset and stock) and guides her clients on commercial financing, land use and throughout the entitlement process. She leads a team of lawyers and paralegals on large scale real estate acquisitions and due diligence that involves complex title and survey reviews.
Real Estate Transactions
- Represents a publicly traded company in connection with the acquisition, development and leasing of large health clubs and collaborative office spaces in 20+ states.
- Represents numerous restaurants tenants in connection with the leasing and expansion of restaurants across the Twin Cities.
- Represents a national auto repair company in connection with the acquisition and leasing of auto repair shops across the mid-west.
- Represents two privately held companies in connection with the acquisition and leasing of office and secondary schools across the midwest.
- Represents multiple developers in connection with the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of mixed use developments including multi-family apartments, retail and restaurant spaces.
- Represented a national retail tenant on more than 10 build-to-suit and standard 15,000- to 30,000-square-foot leases throughout the country.
- Represented numerous local developers on purchase and sale agreements, and related construction/term financing and refinancing of projects valued at more than $20 million.
- Represented a local developer in the refinance of real estate valued at more than $20 million in Marina Del Rey, California.
- Represented a local developer in a $5 million bond financing transaction for an apartment complex in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
- Represented a local company in a $11 million refinance of four real estate properties located throughout the Twin Cities.
- Represented national lenders in connection with land and construction financings for chain hotels and multi-family apartment complexes in numerous states throughout the country.
- Represented the lead lender in multiple syndicated construction financings valued at more than $100 million for a multi-phase multi-family apartments in California.
- Represented the lead lender in multiple construction financings transactions ranging from $10 million to $20 million on various multi-family apartment projects in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Represented the lender in a ground lease and $50 million construction financing for commercial and residential development in Dallas, Texas.
- Represented the lender in a $3.2 million construction financing for commercial and residential development in Wayzata, Minnesota.
- Represented a local developer on county and city land use and permitting issues related to solar garden developments.
- Represented a national solar and wind developer on transmission and crossing easement agreements.
- Represented and negotiated on behalf of solar developer multiple solar ground leases totaling 400 acres on a solar project in Texas valued at more than $10 million.
- Represented and negotiated on behalf of a solar developer multiple solar ground leases totaling 400 acres on a solar project in Oklahoma valued at more than $8 million.
- Represented and negotiated on behalf of a solar developer multiple solar ground leases covering 400 acres on a solar project in Minnesota valued at more than $8 million.
- Represented and negotiated on behalf of a solar developer multiple solar ground leases covering more than 400 acres on a solar project in Missouri valued at more than $5 million.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- Southern Utah University, B.S., 2009, summa cum laude
- South Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law, 2022-2024
- Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Star, Real Estate, 2023
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2017
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Real Property Section, Member
- NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association), Member
- Volunteer Lawyers Network Real Estate Legal Services, Volunteer Attorney, 2016-present
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Presenter, Common Commercial Lease Issues for Brokers, Colliers International CLE Seminar, August 2017
Co-Presenter, 2017 Advanced Lending Seminar, TCF Bank Stadium, May 2017
Co-Presenter, Common Commercial Lease Issues for Brokers, Cushman & Wakefield CLE Seminar, May 2017
Co-Presenter, Everything Torrens, Minnesota Lawyer CLE, January 2016
“Minnesota Foreclosures by Advertisement,” Attorney at Law Magazine, Minnesota Edition, April 2015