Amy’s estate planning practice addresses a broad range of planning considerations from long term care concerns to tax minimization.
Amy practices with the Trusts & Estates Group in the Fargo office. In addition to the preparation of wills, trusts (both revocable and irrevocable), powers of attorney and health care directives, Amy’s practice also includes real estate transfers and business entity formation/restructuring. In addition, Amy works with families, trustees, and personal representatives through post-death administration of estates, both in probate and trust administration.
Amy prioritizes approachability and efficiency. It is her goal that clients feel comfortable, understand their planning, and are confident that their concerns are addressed.
- Wills, trusts, powers of attorney and health care directives.
- Preparation and negotiation of premarital/antenuptial and post-marital/post-nuptial agreements.
- Assisting fiduciaries (trustees, personal representatives, executors) with estate and trust administration.
- Legal advice to families after the death of a loved one.
- Preparation of gift tax returns and estate tax returns.
- Formation of North Dakota, Minnesota companies to own and manage mineral interests, farmland, vacation property or investment real estate.
- Estate planning with creditor and divorce protection, probate avoidance, and estate tax and GST tax minimization.
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D., 2009, magna cum laude
- University of Minnesota, B.A., 2005, with distinction
- Minnesota, 2010
- North Dakota, 2009
Civic & Professional
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Red River Valley Estate Planning Council