Cody is an experienced government relations professional who has spent over a decade working in and around the Minnesota House and Senate.
Cody has developed an extensive network of relationships with legislators, staffers, and agencies because of his ability to forge relationships and build bridges. Respected for his direct communication style, his responsiveness, and a deep understanding of policy, he utilizes this network to the benefit of his clients. This includes through direct advocacy, connecting them with legislators and legislative staff, coordinating grassroots efforts, and analyzing the policy that directly affects them. Cody’s policy expertise is focused on the areas of energy, taxes, health care, and human services.
Prior to joining Fredrikson, Cody served as a Legislative Assistant with multiple legislators in the Minnesota House and Senate where he gained an inside understanding of policy making and how to effectively work with legislators. Outside of his work with the legislature, Cody is involved in several community organizations, including the Saint Anthony Area Chamber of Commerce, the Saint Anthony Village Parks and Environmental Commission, and Reach for Resources. He prides himself on working creatively to promote accessibility to community resources, along with promoting public health and improving public health outcomes.
Cody is not licensed to practice law. His practice is limited to government relations consulting, which includes state and local lobbying.
Secured over $233 million in state funding over the next four years for his clients, including
- $77 million to expand dental coverage under medical assistance,
- $66 million in rate increases for mental health services,
- $81 million in tax expenditures, and
- $8 million in additional grant funding.
- Bethel University, B.A., 2010
Civic & Professional
- Saint Anthony Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2023
- Saint Anthony Village Parks and Environmental Commission, Commissioner, 2023
- Minnesota Government Relations Council, Member
- Reach for Resources, Deputy Chair of the Board