Eric is an experienced real estate lawyer who represents businesses and developers in navigating complex real estate transactions and financing transactions.
He represents his clients across the country in the acquisition, development and financing of real estate projects. He is nationally recognized as an expert in Minnesota mortgage loan transactions and local counsel opinions. His experience allows him to find practical, cost-effective solutions to real estate issues and disputes.
- Represented developers in the acquisition, redevelopment and sale of numerous downtown Minneapolis multi-use buildings.
- Represented developer in conversion of historic bank building to upscale hotel.
- Represented developer in the development and financing of a major Minneapolis downtown hotel.
- Represented industrial clients in development of manufacturing plants in numerous states from coast to coast.
- Regularly serves as local real estate counsel in major money-center financing transactions,
- Represented professional sports team in resolving real estate title issues for sports facility.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 1977
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S., Chemical Engineering, 1971
- Minnesota, 1977
- Wisconsin, 1977
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 1977
- Top Rated Lawyer in Real Estate, Martindale-Hubbell, 2013
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Order of the Coif
Civic & Professional
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Law Review
- Atlantic Richfield Company, Engineer, 1971-1974