Harleigh represents clients based in and outside of the U.S. in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, entity formation, contract negotiations and a broad assortment of other transactional matters.
He serves as outside general counsel to many of his clients and enjoys working closely with them to proactively avoid issues and find practical and cost-effective solutions to legal issues that arise.
Harleigh has extensive experience working with both private equity funds and their portfolio companies as well as strategic investors. He has experience working with clients in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, health and professional services.
He is the co-chair of Fredrikson’s Cross-Border M&A Group and is a shareholder in the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions, International and Corporate & Securities Groups.
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, LLM, International and Comparative Law, 2003, honors
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D., 2002, magna cum laude
- Minnesota State University Moorhead, 1999, B.A., magna cum laude
- University of Portsmouth, 1995, United Kingdom
- Minnesota, 2005
- New York, 2003
- Law Clerk, Judge Donovan W. Frank, U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2003-2005
- Up and Coming Attorney, Minnesota Lawyer, 2007
- Fulbright Scholar, 2002-2003
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota State Bar Association, New Lawyer’s Section Liaison to the Business Law Section
- Nellie Stone Johnson Steering Committee, Board Member
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Co-Presenter, Key Issues in Cross-Border M&A, Fredrikson & Byron Cross-Border M&A Seminar, April 11, 2017
“When Is a Disclosure of an Export Violation a Voluntary Disclosure?,” FredNEWS: International, March 2013
Presenter, Recent Developments in International Business Law, NDTO Global Business Connections 2011, March 30-31, 2011
“Reincorporation in North Dakota? How the North Dakota Publicly Traded Corporations Act May Impact Corporate Governance,” FredNEWS: Business—Corporate Governance Edition, September 2009
“What You Need to Know About Disposing of Consumer Information,” FredNEWS: Corporate & Securities, March 2008, and FredNEWS: Business, April 2008
Co-Author with S. Jamal Faleel, “When Does a Domestic Choice of Law Provision Result in the Application of International Contract Law?,” Fredrikson & Byron’s International Focus Newsletter, June 2007