Kelcy focuses her practice on general business litigation and energy law. She represents clients in both state and federal court and before administrative agencies.
Prior to joining Fredrikson, Kelcy served as a career law clerk to the Honorable Robert W. Pratt in the Southern District of Iowa and as a law clerk to the Honorable Michael R. Mullins of the Iowa Court of Appeals. Kelcy worked on a variety of cases at the state appellate and federal trial and appellate levels involving contract disputes, product liability and toxic tort matters, employment discrimination, employee and disability benefits, whistleblower complaints, federal tort claims, consumer protection, civil rights, and child abuse and neglect and custody cases. She has experience involving complex pretrial, trial and post trial issues in both civil and criminal law concerning statutory interpretation, constitutional claims and other issues of first impression.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Simpson College, B.A., 2010, cum laude
- Iowa, 2015
- Career Law Clerk, Honorable Robert W. Pratt, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa, 2017-2023
- Law Clerk, Honorable Michael R. Mullins, Iowa Court of Appeals, 2015-2017
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award (top grade) in Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy
Civic & Professional
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Polk County Bar Association, Member
- Polk County Women Attorneys, Member
- State Mock Trial Judge, 2017
- Children’s Legal Rights Journal, Publications Editor, 2014–2015
- Polk County Juvenile Drug Court Collaborative Board, 2019–present
- Iowa Women’s Prison Book Club, 2018–2019