With nearly 20 years of corporate finance and commercial transactions experience, Robin provides practical advice to clients across a broad range of industries regarding debt financing, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital.
Robin helps clients with a wide spectrum of transactions, including secured and unsecured lending, acquisition finance, venture debt, portfolio-based lending, joint venture lending, agency lending, real estate finance and equipment financing. She represents borrowers, lenders, private equity sponsors and issuers. In addition to Robin’s financing practice, she is well versed in mergers and acquisitions, capital raising, public company reporting and general corporate matters. Robin’s years of in-house counsel and business experience allow her to understand her clients’ needs and provide pragmatic, client-centered service.
Before joining Fredrikson, Robin served as in-house and general counsel of a registered investment adviser. She was also a partner in the corporate finance department with another Minneapolis law firm.
- Lead counsel for SEC-registered alternative investment adviser, managing complex investment transactions and advising on governance, private equity issues and organizational matters. Oversaw investment activities in a wide variety of industries including energy, real estate, hospitality, asset-based lending and film finance.
- Represented multiple investment funds in complex debt and equity financings and portfolio acquisitions, including real estate joint ventures, loan portfolios and distressed assets.
- Represented venture capital investor in multiple preferred stock and convertible debt financings.
- Counsel to Maine-based bank on multiple loan transactions involving real estate, personal property and asset portfolio collateral.
- Represented emerging pharmaceutical company in a series of equity and convertible debt financings totaling over $30MM.
- Represented emerging medical technology company in multiple venture capital preferred stock financings, involving an Irish redomiciliation, corporate restructuring, multinational investors and venture debt restructure.
- Counsel to a financial services company regarding corporate governance matters involving a complex, multilayered organizational structure, including assuming increased governance responsibilities upon the elimination of division counsel support.
- Represented a major multinational human resources services provider in the review and negotiation of customer agreements.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 2003, magna cum laude
- University of Missouri, M.B.A., 1993
- University of Missouri, B.H.S., Health Services Management,1991, summa cum laude
- Minnesota, 2003
- Rising Star, Minnesota Law & Politics, 2013
- Up and Coming Attorney, Minnesota Lawyer, 2009
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Private Fund Lawyers Roundtable, Steering Committee, 2021-2023
- Just Deeds (discharging racially discriminatory covenants), Pro Bono Volunteer, 2023
- East Metro Symphony Orchestra, Member