Sarah’s practice focuses on general business litigation. Her approach to her practice is analytical yet pragmatic, anchored in a solid commitment to the client.
She has experience in the areas of appellate law, criminal defense, juvenile law and family law, often accepting appointments from the court to represent indigent clients. Sarah has also represented respondents in involuntary mental health commitment actions. She has worked as an associate attorney, judicial law clerk, student attorney, law clerk, honors judicial extern and legal assistant.
Sarah received her Juris Doctorate degree with highest honors from Drake University Law School. While at Drake Law, Sarah served as Projects Editor for the Drake Law Review, represented indigent clients in both the Criminal Defense Clinic and the Advanced Criminal Defense Clinic, and acted as a teaching assistant for the esteemed Drake University Law School Legal Research and Writing Program her second and third years.
- Successfully appealed a defendant’s criminal conviction for harassment
- Obtained dismissals for several criminal defense clients
- Successfully appealed the termination of a mother’s parental rights
- Drake University Law School, J.D., 2019, with highest honors
- Iowa State University, B.A., Political Science, 2013, summa cum laude
- Iowa State University, B.A., Interdisciplinary Studies in Criminology and Criminal Justice, 2013, summa cum laude
- Iowa, 2019
- Order of the Coif
Civic & Professional
- Dallas County Bar Association, Secretary, 2021-present
- Iowa Association for Justice, Member, 2020-present
- Iowa State Bar Association (ISBA), Member, 2019-present
- ISBA Criminal Law Section, Member, 2019-present
- ISBA Family and Juvenile Law Section, Member, 2019-present
- ISBA Probate, Trust & Estate Planning Section, Member, 2019-present
- ISBA Real Estate & Title Section, Member, 2019-present
- ISBA Young Lawyers Division, Member, 2019-present
- Polk County Bar Association, Member, 2019-present
- Polk County Women Attorneys, Member, 2019-present
- Drake Law Review, Projects Editor