Shailja uses her adeptness in communication and problem-solving skills to assist attorneys with diverse immigration proceedings.
An alum of the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Shailja’s studies have been focused on global politics and international relations, concentrated on mobile populations. She has valuable experience working for the Minnesota State Senate and as a law clerk, assisting with refuges and asylum case proceedings for detainees. Her experience in various leadership, coordinator and mentoring roles helping others through transition processes, has helped her develop a profound understanding of the importance of guidance and empathy when working with her clients.
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, B.A., 2023
- Law Clerk, Immigration Center of Minnesota, 2022
- Intern, Minnesota State Senate, 2022
- Extern, Judge Edward Sheu, Minnesota Second Judicial District, 2022
Civic & Professional
- UROP/DURP Grant Researcher, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2021-2022
- Science of Spirituality, Mid-West Regional Young Adult Coordinator, 2021-present
- Indian Student Association, Business Relations Chair, Secretary, 2021-2023
- Jazba, Liaison and Volunteer Director, 2022