Tom’s 25-year career as an attorney has given him broad and deep experience representing business in a variety of transactions and industries and advising them on their day-to-day legal needs.
Tom now focuses on representing buyers, sellers and investors in mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions. With more than 15 years of in-house counsel experience, Tom understands the needs of business leaders and provides services tailored to meet those needs.
Tom’s expertise includes representing companies in heavily regulated industries such as gaming, health care, health insurance and Medicare Advantage and other government health care programs.
- General Counsel, Southwest Casino Corporation responsible for all legal issues at publicly held gaming company.
- Senior attorney at UnitedHealthcare advising company on mergers & acquisitions, strategic partnerships, network contracting and regulation and operation of Medicare Advantage plans.
- Attorney at Capella Education Company preparing company for its IPO.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., with honors
- Minnesota, 1996