Usman represents private equity and strategic buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), carve-out transactions (including divestitures and sales), joint ventures, corporate reorganizations, corporate governance matters, private placements in public equity (PIPEs, including SPACs), and complex corporate transactions, including bespoke investment arrangements.
He has closed transactions ranging from several millions to billions of dollars in enterprise value in diverse industries such as technology and software, financial services, food, manufacturing, oil & gas, health care and retail.
Usman helps clients achieve their business objectives efficiently and effectively throughout all stages of M&A transactions. He seeks to guide his clients through all aspects of a transaction from letter of intent to closing in a professional and timely manner with a goal of maximizing client objectives.
- Represented Audax, a leading national middle market PE fund, in its platform add-on acquisition of a provider of special education services for schoolchildren.
- Represented Arcline, a private equity fund, in its acquisition of Hartzell Aviation from Tailwind Technologies.
- Represented a middle-market private equity firm based in New York in its acquisition of various providers of residential exterior replacement, repair and maintenance services based in the Midwest.
- Represented a leading global growth private equity firm in its strategic investment in a leading beauty lifestyle brand franchise for an undisclosed amount.
- Represented a middle market private equity firm in its portfolio acquisitions of essential building services companies across the Midwest.
- Represented a global private equity firm in its acquisition of European assets of a publicly traded technology company for $50 million and multi-channel supply partnership with a minimum purchase commitment of $500 million.
- Represented a global private equity firm in its joint venture with a media & advertising company for an undisclosed amount.
- Represented a mortgage solutions company in connection with a $45 million preferred PIPE investment by existing stockholders.
- Represented an American multinational energy corporation in its $5.5 billion all-stock acquisition of a petroleum, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration and production company.
- University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, J.D., 2017
- Georgetown University, B.A., 2011
- New York, 2018
- Wisconsin, 2023
Civic & Professional
- New York State Bar Association, Committee on Civil Rights, 2018