Our website-accessibility, mobile-accessibility and technology attorneys collaborate with clients to:
- Understand the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Rehabilitation Act including Section 508, the Air Carriers Access Act, state laws such as California’s Unruh Act, as well court opinions apply the law in real cases.
- Respond to demand letters and litigation demands from plaintiff law firms such as Carlson Lynch and Lee Litigation Group, among many others.
- Defend clients in individual ADA litigation and threatened class action matters if a lawsuit is filed; strategize regarding pre-emptive and declaratory actions.
- Understand the role and relevance of guidelines such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and guidance statements and letters from the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Direct external website accessibility consultants and internal IT resources in any accessibility audit; collaborate with IT and management in developing a plan, managing risk and fixing inaccessible elements of websites and mobile tools.
- Advise on appropriate accessibility testing, measurement, improvement and monitoring measures.
- Draft and design appropriate website accessibility policies, plans of action and board-level resolutions.
- Remember the Big Picture—to use technology to provide an outstanding user experience for all users.