Andrea helps clients navigate complex transactions in the health care industry.
Andrea is an experienced business attorney who advises health care and other organizations on sophisticated transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, financings, joint ventures and strategic affiliations. She calls on her background as in-house and outside counsel to provide practical and cost-effective solutions for her clients.
Andrea has served as vice president, general counsel and secretary of an international technology and manufacturing company and as securities and M&A counsel and assistant secretary for a publicly-traded national retailer. She also practiced with law firms in Washington, D.C., and Minneapolis.
- Represented technology and manufacturing company in international acquisitions and other strategic transactions.
- Managed all legal matters for international technology corporation.
- Developed compliance and ethics policies for private and public company clients.
- Advised board of directors and senior management on public company disclosure, corporate governance matters and protecting and commercializing intellectual property portfolio.
- Represented issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 1993, cum laude
- University of Minnesota Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, M.A., 1992
- University of Minnesota, B.S., 1989, with distinction
- Minnesota, 1993
- Intern, U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs, Office of Special Trade Activities, 1990
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2021
- Beta Gamma Sigma
Civic & Professional
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Business Law and Health Law Sections
- American Corporate Counsel Association, Minnesota Chapter, Former Member
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission, Office of General Counsel, Staff Attorney, 1998
- Minnesota Journal of Global Trade, Editor and Staff Member, 1991-1993
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
Presenter, The Lawyer as Trusted Advisor and Rule 2.1: The In-House Counsel’s Perspective