Anne combines tenacious litigation strategy with grounded, common sense problem solving to achieve great results for her clients.
Anne works with restauranteurs, start-ups, closely-held businesses, trust companies, global corporations and private individuals to help her clients successfully navigate litigation and leave the courthouse on the right path. Anne has a broad practice with experience in an array of legal fields. Whatever you got, Anne can handle it.
- Anne serves as counsel for the Estate of Prince Rogers Nelson. In connection with this representation, Anne has:
- Successfully defended and obtained dismissal of copyright infringement lawsuit in California, and secured a rare court order barring the opposing party from filing further copyright suits against the Estate.
- Worked with a small team to obtain a TRO, preliminary injunction and $4 million in damages stemming from release of unauthorized music and accomplish court acknowledgement of a posthumous right of publicity under Minnesota law.
- Obtained multiple sanctions awards in separate cases, including both monetary fees and adverse inferences, for spoliation of evidence in discovery.
- Helped residential and commercial landlords pursue remedies for breached leases.
- Worked with family in disputed trust matter, bringing claims to set aside trust amendments due to incapacity and undue influence.
- Won default judgment relating to failed software implementation and attendant breach of contract, with a six figure damages award.
- Obtained early dismissal of cable piracy lawsuit on behalf of local restauranteur.
- Achieved favorable settlements in multiple lawsuits relating to breached contracts for residential and commercial home construction.
- Advised clients on various contracts and licensing issues, data privacy and document retention issues, music licensing issues, and real estate matters.
- University of St. Thomas Law School, J.D., 2016, magna cum laude
- Providence College, B.A., 2009, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2016
Civic & Professional
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member, AIPLA
- University of St. Thomas Law Journal, Articles Editor, 2015-2016
- Women’s Law Student Association, Vice President, 2014-2015
- University of St. Thomas Law School, Federal Communications Clinic, Clinic Participant, 2015-2016
- One Village Partners, Grant and Fundraising Consultant, Sierra Leone/Minneapolis, 2015-2016
- Children’s Law Center, Volunteer
News & Insights
Publications & Presentations
"Estate Litigation," co-presenter, Estate Administration in Minnesota, Minnesota CLE, April 28, 2022
“(Don’t) Do It for the Insta – Fair Use May Not Save Hashtags That Identify a Competitor’s Products,” FredNEWS: IP Litigation, May 2019
“Crossing the Line: When Does Infringement Become Counterfeiting?,” FredNEWS: Anti-Counterfeiting, November 2017
“District of Minnesota Adopts Local Rule 5.6 - Instituting New Processes and Requirements for Civil Parties Filing Under Seal,” PatentWatch, December 2016