Emani is a zealous advocate who assists clients in a wide range of litigation-related disputes.
As an associate in Fredrikson’s Litigation Group, Emani represents clients in all stages of litigation. She is committed to using her written and oral advocacy skills to advocate for her clients efficiently and effectively.
During law school, Emani spent two summers with Fredrikson as a summer associate. Additionally, she served as a legal extern at the Department of Justice’s Office of Legal Policy where she compiled comprehensive research for time-sensitive projects and assisted with judicial nomination tasks. After law school, Emani clerked for Justice Dana Oxley of the Iowa Supreme Court and Judge Kate Menendez of the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
- The University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2021, with distinction
- University of Nebraska–Lincoln, B.A., Political Science, 2018
- Minnesota, 2021
- Clerk, Honorable Kate M. Menendez, U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2022-2023
- Clerk, Honorable Dana Oxley, Iowa Supreme Court, 2021-2022
- Legal Extern, U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Legal Policy, 2020
- Dean’s Achievement Award, The University of Iowa College of Law, 2021
- Innovation, Business, and Law Excellence Award, The University of Iowa College of Law, 2021
- Dean’s Awards for Academic Excellence in Criminal Procedure: Investigation and English Law and Literature, The University of Iowa College of Law, 2021
- Jurisprudence Award for Academic Excellence in Compliance, Ethics, and Risk Management, The University of Iowa College of Law, 2021
Civic & Professional
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers, Member
- Minnesota Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member
- Journal of Corporation Law, Student Writer, 2019-2020; Note & Comment Editor 2020-2021
- Legal Writing & Research Assistant, 2019-2020
- Organization of Women Law Students & Staff, Member and Mentor