Erik works with attorneys and agents in preparing and prosecuting patents of different backgrounds.
Erik uses his passion to learn and attention to detail to lead and assist in mechanical, electrical and programming related cases. He drafts claims and specifications, performs prior art searches and instructs foreign associates on foreign office actions. Erik uses a range of technical and communicative skills to proactively identify challenges and keep clients informed. He assists attorneys in preparing patent pre-litigation through claim charts, invalidity searches and possible design-arounds. Erik enjoys understanding the minutia of clients' new inventions in order to draft thorough patent applications, which protect all the novel aspects of said inventions.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications regarding electrical control systems, electrical power devices, home automation systems, medical devices, test and measurement devices, thermal imaging cameras, and more.
- Strategically manage international patent portfolios.
- Perform invalidity and freedom to operate analysis to help inform and guide client patent strategies.
- Served as Electrical Design Engineer in power and communications.
- University of Minnesota Law School, M.S., 2020
- University of Minnesota, B.S.E.E., 2018